Cook Part 12

Sorry the updates are coming really slowly, I was super busy with school and getting final grades in and stuff. Since I'm in summer vacation now, I can update more. Thanks for hanging out with me guys! Love you! 

That Friday Cook and I were back in the baby's room trying to get things finalized and positioned where I wanted them.

"Ugh, babies are soo much work." I let out a groan while standing in front of the little baby dresser putting in some socks and onesies. I looked up just in time to see Cook with two different parts of the white crib we bought in his hands and a "are you serious" look on his face.

"Hard work? You think folding clothes is hard?" he let out a sigh and groaned in frustration before finally tossing the things onto the floor. and sliding his right hand down his face. Cook stands up from his position on the floor and walks out of the room, muttering curse words under his breath. 

"Hey! No swearing around the baby!" Even if he couldn't see me I still gave the back of his head a scowl. I continued in putting away baby clothes and putting the empty crib box in the one corner of the room before exiting the nursery and padding down the stairs to find Cook. Walking into the kitchen I found Cook positioned at the far side of the table with his head in his hands. 

"James, you okay?" I slowly walked over to him unsure of his mood and lightly put my hand on his back, starting to rub circles with my fingertips. He startled me by sucking in a breath and turning so his hands could wrap around my waist and his head to rest against my bump. My hand was still rubbing circles on his back when he started to talk softly into my skin.

"Listen little one, I know you like it in there where its all warm and cozy but could you come soon? You're stressing mommy out because I won't let her doing anything with you in there, and I know she hates it. Daddy is constantly worrying about you and your mommy, even if your mom tells me not too. Putting your little nursery together is a whole lot of work and I'm trying my best to make sure it's just how you'll like it, and your mum as well, but I got to tell you princess its not easy. You're the best thing to happen to me princess, and your mommy, but mostly me. I was a really bad person before your mum, but she turned my life around. When I found out you were in here," Cook tapped on my tummy with his fingers, "I admit I freaked out, and also didn't believe it at first. I'm okay now though. Daddy's turned his life around for you baby, and mommy. I can't always promise that I'll be there for you every single time, but you'll know I'll try. I love you and your mum princess. "

Cook continued to talk for a few more minutes and tears started to form in my eyes threatening to spill over and roll down my cheeks. After what seemed like forever Cook looked up at me and wiped his tears before standing up and wiping my own. He planted a soft kiss on my lips and let his hands slide down my arms until they reached my hands. "Let's call it a day yeah? Just sit and watch tv?" before I could answer he was already guiding me into the living room and down onto the couch. 

The next  couple weeks Cook was spending all of his time in the nursery and running throughout the house looking for stuff.  Today was again the same routine only this time I was being sent out of the house for a mommy day. Cook left the house right after I did, I saw him leave, going towards the shops. On my way home from the mommy day, I stopped by a baby shop to look at some odds and ends. After walking through the entire store I finally decided to go into the paint and wall clings. I scanned through the color schemes and was about to walk out of the aisle when my eyes rested on a pink color. I picked up the color swatch and searched for the name of the color; Ballet Slipper. I wasn't totally sure if Cook would let me, correction I know he wouldn't let me carry a gallon of paint, so I called him. It took a few rings before he finally answered.  

"Hello?" there was some clanging around in the background, and he muttered some curse words under his breath. 

"Cook, no swearing around the baby." 

"Leigh, she's not even here. She's with you in your stomach."

"Uterus. She's in my uterus Cook, not the stomach." I rolled my eyes before continuing "I've told you that about a thousand times already."

He huffed before responding " Why'd you call?"

"Well I was going to ask if I could buy some paint for-" 

"No. I'll buy it and bring it home. I don't want any toxic fumes around the little one."

"She's around you." I muttered under my breath.

"What'd you say?" 

"Nothing, Cook. I'll wait for you to buy the paint. If you came to the shops we could get it now." 

Some more curse words and banging sounded through the speaker and as I was going to correct him again he beat me to it. 

"I know no swearing around the baby. Look I'll the paint tomorrow after I get some other stuff. Don't worry about it. Just come home and rest, you've been on your feet too long" 

" One I literally have only been here for 5 minutes, I'm pretty positive I can stand longer than that and two I'm getting that paint." 

"Leigh, no I-"

"Love you." I hung up and proceeded to go to the employee for some paint. After getting the paint I liked I continued down the aisle to the wall clings. I found some panda ones and almost broke down in the middle of the store. I mean come on pregnant lady who spots something cute I have a right to be emotional, and pandas were one of my favorite animals. I threw two packages into the cart and made my way towards checkout.