Chapter 9

We drove about twenty minutes while Harry was softly singing along to a song on the radio. His phone lit up and he checked it, before silently cursing and cutting people to be able to flip a U-turn when we got the chance. He kindly waved his arm out the window to the people behind us signaling he was apologizing.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He rolled his window up and looked at me before making his U-turn.

"Cassadee texted me telling me to meet her at the local shopping centre instead," I nodded, looking in front of me. The nervousness in my stomach had yet to subside. I wasn't sure if I was more afraid to meet Harry's ex-girlfriend or his son.

"Do you want me to get out...? You know, when we get there?" I watched as his brows scrunched close together.

"I hadn't really thought about it, to be honest," he turned his blinker on and then pulled into the centre to find a place to park. "Yes," he said, looking at me. "I want you to get out."

Once he finally found a parking spot he was happy with, we got out and made our way towards the entrance. Harry intertwined his fingers with mine and we walked casually around the store. Part of me was afraid to look down every isle and part of me told me to man up.

"She said she was somewhere in produce," Harry said, pulling me out of my thoughts. His hand squeezed mine and he stopped us. "You have no reason to be nervous." He brought his free hand to my cheek and smiled. "She's a lovely girl, really. Just, she just doesn't know how to cope with us being over."

"Harry!" Our heads turned at the same time and her smile dropped when she saw me. My eyes glanced towards the cart and I caught a glimpse of Harry's son before Harry himself took two steps away from me.

"Hey, Dee," he said slowly. Her dark brown eyes were glues to me for the longest time before they snapped over to Harry.

"And who's this?" she asked. Her voice was scratchy and I wondered how Harry ever got used to it. Her nails must've been a mile long and a deep red. She was in a business suit and I figured she was on her lunch break.

"Cassadee, this is Alyson. Alyson this is Cassadee," I offered her my hand to shake and she looked at it like it had some sort of disease. Slowly, I pulled it away and looked at Harry.

"I can go wait in the car if this is," I didn't even get the chance to finish as Cassadee spoke up.

"I think that's for the best," she said right as Harry said, "No, it's no problem." I could almost feel the daggers with the look she shot Harry.

I mindlessly sat sideways in the passenger seat with the door open texting Liam back and forth until Harry came back. I could see him a few feet away pushing the cart with Parker in it. He'd get a running start and then hop onto the bottom on the car and Parker would throw his head back laughing. I smiled and hopped out of the car.

"Sorry for the wait, I had to get the seat from Dee," he motioned towards the basket area of the cart. "You could've stayed you know, I wouldn't have let her say anything else." I shrugged and looked down at Parker.

"He looks like you," I watched as the toddler squirmed in his seat and tried to look at me. Harry lifted him under the arms and held him at his side.

"Parker, this is Alyson. Alyson this is Parker," Harry said, introducing us. Parker smiled and his head in Harry's neck. "That means he thinks you're pretty. Can you hold him while I put the cart back?" My eyes widened.