Chapter Twelve

Hi everyone! So this chapter will be shorter than usual but I hope you find the action interesting!

Chapter Twelve: Battle at the Ministry

Lucius Malfoy was standing in front of us. As if my heart rate couldn't increase anymore from these nerves... Luckily his eyes were focused just on Harry. Suddenly more masked Death Eaters were surrounding us. This was it. This was where all of our DA practicing would come in handy. I held my wand up. Another unmasked Death Eater joined us, a woman with wild hair and even wilder eyes. She immediately started shouting comments out to Harry. "Bellatrix Lestrange!" Neville Longbottom shouted with a tone of anger in his voice. That was the darkest tone I've ever heard from Neville.

"Neville Longbottom, right?" she said looking at him with a dark yet gleeful smirk. "How's mum and dad?" she added with an evil laugh. She eyed the group of us. Her eyes quickly passed mine and then her head snapped back over to me. "You don't say?" she said slowly as her face widened into the biggest smirk possible. Lucius looked over at me and I could see the shock in his face when he saw me. This wasn't going to go over well. Yet what did Bellatrix have to say about me?

She stepped closer towards me and I held me ground. I couldn't show any signs of weakness, even though I was trembling inside. "The eyes are the same," she muttered looking closely at my light blue eyes. "What would your father have to say about this?" she added with another dark laugh. "When he finds out his daughter is prancing around with Potter!" 

My father? She knew him. He was still around? So many fearful questions appeared in my head and now was definitely not the time. This must have been what Colm was hinting at. Hermione, Ron, Harry, Neville, Luna, and Ginny turned to look at me suspiciously. They're probably pissed I didn't tell them. They'll probably never trust me or talk to me after this. "Lorcan Riley," Lucius then said. "Why hadn't I realized it before?"

"It's not like he's here to share the moment with us. He has better things to do," Bellatrix added while rolling her eyes as if she was resentful towards him. She snapped towards Harry. "Now give us the Prophecy!" 

Harry refused to give it to them. No matter what they promised him, Harry didn't give in. We all formed a circle back to back with our wands pointing at the Death Eaters surrounding us. "Now!" Harry shouted unexpectedly. I shot off the first spell to pop into my head, the leg locking curse of course, and then I ran off towards the door with the rest of them behind me.

As we got closer down the hall, the Death Eaters were apparating all around us. They were stopping us at every corner, our spells were useless. We ended up having to split up because we were cut off too many times. I, unfortunately, was alone at the moment. A Death Eater apparated in front of me and I stepped back. The mask was removed...it was Nicolai. "What a coincidence?" he added with a smirk. "You are sneaky aren't you. Who would have known you were siding with Potter this whole time."

Now was the time to get revenge on Nicolai for the night of the party. "Stupefy!" I shouted at him but he reflected it. "Expelliarmus!" Again, he reflected it. A smirk appeared on his face.

"That's the best you got?" he teased stepping closer. "Cruc-"

"Reducto!" I shouted as loud as I could, but I didn't aim for him. I aimed towards the wall of prophecies next to him. His eyes widened in fear as prophecies all around him, us, shattered into a million pieces. Leaping back as far as I could I threw myself to the ground to shield myself. The shelf began to fall and crashed down onto Nicolai knocking another one over in the process.

When I tried sitting up, I felt the most excruciating pain I had ever felt. I put my hand to my left ribcage, but there was glass sticking out of it. I looked down to see pieces of glasses all stuck in my left side. I bit my tongue as I pulled the biggest piece out. A whimper escaped my lips but I tried sucking up the pain as much as I could. "Caoimhe let's go!" Ginny said rushing by me, helping me up to a standing position. She took one look at my side. "Come on, we just need to get out of here."

I nodded and despite the pain, I ran. If we made it in time I could get help. If not, I would probably bleed to death. We met up with the rest who were all at the door. Harry was holding it open. I saw the black cloud of Death Eaters who were apparating towards us. "Hurry!" Harry yelled. 

Ginny stopped and aimed her wand at the Death Eaters. "REDUCTO!" she casted as powerfully as anyone could. Instead of one shelf, she began to bring down all the shelves. The whole place was caving in. There was no time to wait. I looked down at the ground and simply jumped, closing my eyes. Harry and Ginny fell next to me. There was a spell to break our fall, but even making contact with the floor caused me pain.

Everyone around me had some sort of battle scar. The side of my shirt was practically ripped open. We all were ready to leave and get out of here as fast as we could. "Do you hear that?" Harry asked. Listening closely, I heard absolutely nothing. Luna's eyes brightened as she stepped closer to the veil.

"I hear it," Luna agreed.

"Everyone get back!" Harry yelled and they were back. The Death Eaters had escaped the room. Well, eighty percent of them. We were surrounded in a black cloud. I felt someone put their hands around me, causing shooting pain up my side. I was being held into a standing position by someone off to the side. I turned to look and see it was Mason. 

"Mason," I muttered. He raised his eyebrows at me, but didn't look friendly. 

"Wait till your brother hears about this," he responded darkly. That only meant Colm wasn't here, but where was he and what was he up to? All of us were being held back by a Death Eater except for Harry who was face to face with Lucius. They were arguing over the prophecy but Harry wasn't giving it up, until Lucius threatened all of our lives. We would all be killed if Harry didn't hand over the prophecy.

"Don't give it to him Harry!" Neville shouted until he was restrained by Bellatrix. Harry looked around at us. It was easy to predict what Harry would do. He would give it Lucius. As much as Harry wanted to protect the Prophecy, he would never let his friends die. 

As Harry began handing it to Lucius, there was a flash of white and suddenly Sirius Black appeared. "Step away from my Godson," Sirius stated as the Prophecy fell to the ground. Lucius dove for it but it was too late, it smashed into a million pieces. Then the rest of the white apparations joined us. I recognized Kingsley Shacklebolt and Remus Lupin.

A battle broke in front of us. The light and the dark were fighting one another with dangerous spells. Luna grabbed my arm and pulled me aside. Lupin was there. "You all need to get back to Hogwarts!" he demanded at us. Hermione shook her head, she didn't want to leave Harry. "He's in good hands, Dumbledore is arriving." Finally! "But you all need to return to Hogwarts with Tonks."

A younger lady with purple hair approached us and held out her arms. "Grab on," she said. Lupin made sure we all had at least one hand on Tonks and then we apparated away. I prayed Harry was safe and that the rest of them would be as well. The spinning sensation left me dizzy when we landed on the floor of the Hospital Wing. "The apparation spell was lifted for now," Tonks said to us. "I must get back, we will be back soon." She said with a smile and then apparated away.

Then I realized we were in the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey rushed over to us. "Oh dear," she said looking horrified at all of us. My side was absolutely killing me. I couldn't even look at it. "Everyone on a cot." I laid down on my right side, afraid to put pressure on my left. She came over to me first. "This will be painful, so drink this. It  will knock you out right away and then we will remove the glass." I nodded and gripped the cup. At least this would take away my questions for a little while. I took a sip and felt complete blackness.

So what do you think! One more chapter to go x