---6--- Rachel's/Jason's POV

<-----VOTE! COMMENT! HUMP! ;p

Cookie: So, I was torn about which actor should play Rachel's dad. Dwayne "the rock" Johnson or Billy Burke, who already plays as a cop in Twilight. So after much debate I finally settles for Billy Burke to play Sam Warner :)

Pic of him on the right!

Songlink is "Love Story" by Taylor Swift! Really fits the chappie ^_^

---

(In front of Rachel's house...)

--Rachel's POV--

Jason's warm hand gave me comfort.

      Drawing courage from him, I started walking towards towards the front door, Jason right next to me. We stepped on the porch and I glanced up at him, into his hazel eyes and again drew in more courage, enough to take the house key out from my pocket and unlock the door.

      I pushed the door open and stepped in, the staircase of the house was the first thing to greet me. I glanced around and looked up at Jason again. He gave me an encouraging nod.

      Swallowing, I called out, "Dad?"

      "In the kitchen!" My father's booming deep voice called back. "We have a guest."

      Oh god, a guest? My wide eyes flew up and met Jason's. He frowned. "What do we do now?" I whispered, feeling shaky. "I didn't know we were going to have someone over."

      "Tell him that we need to talk in private," he said reasonably.

     "Right," I mumbled, "in private."

       I've never been more terrified in my life. My heart was beating so madly against my chest that I'm surprised that it didn't pop right out and expire. My stomach felt like it was on fire and my palms were sweating. It was like Judgment Day and we were about to face our sentence.

      "Rachel?" My father walked around from the corner, eyes immediately landing on Jason. He stopped in his tracks, staring at Jason before his green eyes--identical to my own--landed on our clasped hands.

      "H-hi, Daddy," I forced myself to speak. "I brought someone for you to meet."

      His eyes narrowed and hardened, dark mustache twitching. My father isn't a large man with hulking muscles, instead he was tall, about six feet with a healthy athletic built for a man his age. At 40, he's still a handsome man, even with the mustache I often teased him about. He may not look like a bodybuilder but he still carried himself with pride and held an aura of authority. You didn't have to be a muscled thug in the police force to serve justice. Many men admired my father and even held a respectful fear of him.

     Right now he wasn't in uniform, instead wearing black jeans and a black shirt. He did have his police chief brown jacket on, his golden badge shining and polished. My eyes landed on his hips and was relieved to see that he wasn't carrying a gun at the moment. If I had to, I'll throw myself at him to give Jason a chance to escape.

      "Jason Reinhardt, sir," Jason said, taking a step towards my father and held out his hand. "Pleased to meet you."

     My father, Samuel Warner, eyed Jason's hand before taking it in a firm handshake. "And who are you to my daughter, Jason?"