.1| New

One evening,

when you found yourself in the weird, awkward position of squatting on the windowsill with the window swung wide open, you had to wonder where your sanity had wondered off to.

Your feet were squeaking loudly as they shifted to get a grip and you could hear your own breaths crashing out. The window kept clanging against the wall of your house too and you prayed that your parents hadn't heard.

Pulling up your hoodie, you glanced back. Chances are they probably did, but the voice in your head that told you they didn't made you turn back around. As it turned out, you were also not brilliant at balance because the next thing you knew your shoes had slipped over the edge of the sill and dropped down the side of the building.

You yelled out in surprise, trying to grab onto the window as your body whipped round. Your foot scrabbled against the brick wall; heart beating wildly. Eyes scrunched shut and frozen in place, you waited for either parent to knock down your bedroom door. Please don't, please don't, please don't. When you didn't hear a sound, you whistled out a breath through your teeth in relief. You adjusted your grip, glancing down to the ground. It didn't seem that far–if you could just–

Feet landed softly on the grass, slowly becoming drenched in the pile of leaves below your window. You sprang out of the pile with a cuss but your shoes were already resulting in a soggy mess of socks and damp twigs.

"Brilliant." You sighed, shaking a foot out in annoyance.

It was second time that evening you wondered what on earth you were doing. Booting soggy leaves up on a Sunday hadn't been your ideal evening in mind, but here you were, on your way to what you hoped would be a better way to spend your night than what you were used to. It hadn't been your idea to do this. In fact, you would be the last person to. Hence, why you had been pushed into sneaking out your bedroom window by a friend- some friend, you thought as you began to set off, walking out of your garden to the street- to go to a party. It had actually been his thought to introduce you to your future classmates since you found out you'd be going to the same high school as him. You didn't see the point at first because you were simply happy to have his company for the last school year, but unfortunately he had insisted.

Speaking of...

With a repressed smile, you pulled out your phone; mobile light glowing up your face in the dark as you walked.

[Jimin] sent 9:46PM

Hey! u nearly here yet? The party is great! Everyone is asking where u are

Smiling a little, you typed out a reply.

[Y/N] sent 9:48PM

You've been telling people about me? Yeah, I'm nearly there. I think

[Jimin] sent 9:49PM

Course I have
It's not that far, seriously
can't miss it

[Y/N] sent 9:50PM

Can't u send me something on maps so I know where to find it?

Only a few seconds later, he replied.

[Jimin] sent 9:49PM

I cba

You rolled your eyes.

[Y/N] sent 9:50PM

Heathen.

[Jimin] sent 9:51PM

:/ x

Sighing, you put your phone away. That was fine. You could find it yourself.

The leaves skidded away from your foot as you walked. You watched as they moved around the tree trunks that lined the street, which were skirted by piles of leaves. Ages ago, when you were too young to talk, children would throw nuts at the trunks, or mess around in the piles of yellow and brown leaves. You use to live in Seoul when you were younger before moving away to America. Somehow, beyond all probability, your parents had managed to buy your old house back, which is why you lived there now. In fact, you use to play with Jimin often around this neighbourhood, back when you were both small; so small all your little legs could do was stagger rather than walk. You only knew him now because both your mothers had insisted you keep contact. Not that you were forced to, you genuinely enjoyed the Skype calls and festive gatherings with him. Sometimes though, he'd poke fun and tease you. Or annoy you. Like he was right now.

This was okay. You were perfectly capable of finding this party yourself. Besides, one thing that had helped was that he'd said it wasn't far anyway.

You tugged up your hoodie, glancing up.

The light was nearly gone. This was one of your favourite things about living in Seoul so far; the night life. You lived in a relatively quite neighbourhood on the outskirts of Soeul, but you could still appreciate some things from this calmer part of the city. Some light was able to just reach through the trees' branches, scattering out onto the concrete pavement. The wind was starting to prickle at your exposed skin so you stuffed your hands further into your pockets. You bit your lip with a shake and pulled your hoodie down, making sure it covered your ears.

You didn't exactly know where you were supposed to go, although you had a general idea. Jimin had texted you a while ago, back when he's reined you into this in the first place, and said it was 'one of the big fancy mansions'. Which was a big help. Jimin had promised there'd be so much music and people, you wouldn't be able to miss it anyway. You were still a bit bitter he'd been too lazy to send you a post code though.

But now that you thought about it, you could hear the music more clearly. There were a few houses near you, but you couldn't pin-point a place that you recognised since moving in. You must've wandered into the middle-class part of the neighbourhood.

Everything was so clean.

Something did stick out like a sore thumb from this street though.

Sure enough, just as Jimin had said, there was a house party going on. It was so close, you weren't sure how you couldn't have noticed it sooner, so close that it was just a little further up the road, opposite the pavement you walked on.

You swore the music wasn't that loud a moment ago. It made your hairs stand up on edge and your chest feel like mush. The bass thumped; purple and blue lights flashing through the windows. You could see crowds of people jumping up and down in time with the music; lights pulsing with the beat of the sound. Over the roar of music, people chattered and laughed. You couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in your ears. The song that was playing got louder. People hung out the front holding paper cups and sharing cigarettes; some so drunk that they were passed out on the brick wall surrounding the front garden.

Finally, you stopped, just across from the house. A part of you marvelled at it- the neatly trimmed garden before it and how the house looked traditional, lovely in its simplistic nature- but the other half noted the strewn red paper cups across the grass and the half-broken window at the front, which had probably been done by a drunken bawl. You winced at the cost for damages that was inevitably going to come with parties like these.

After crossing the empty road, you lingered on the drive for a full minute. People didn't seem to take notice of you, too drunk to care as you watched the scene before you.

With a sense of nervousness, you took a deep breath, and walked ahead into the chaos.