The Tale of Illyria

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

There is a land called Illyria. 

It is the last place untouched by The Great Dying that ravaged the world of Eidolon.

It is the last sanctuary of the Living, and the only place in Eidolon that has not been tainted by the Living's hands.

Life is said to be abundant in Illyria.

Lush green trees much unlike the synthetic trees made just for decoration. There are things called forests in Illyria where trees are clumped together and Orlais's deathly scorching rays are nothing but a warm light.

It is where Orshara, the mistress of the night, can be seen in all her glory and the Orferia, her children shine alongside her. It is where the night is not black and lifeless like a void but mixtures of the different shades of blue. 

In Illyria, it is said that one can thrive on the so called 'fruits' that are supplied by the trees. They are sweet and hydrated unlike the dry, tasteless rations that the Empire distributes to remnants of the Living.

There are also the things called 'animals' in Illyria that are only mentioned in legend. In the other parts of Eidolon, the Living, when bored of tasteless rations, nourish themselves by digging deep into the dry, cracked land into the tunnels made by insects and they feast, if they find any.

The 'animals' in Illyria are not like the insects, who are wary of humans and dig their tunnels in the land. They roam in Illyria's wide green plains, climb up Illyria's high trees and crawl on the wet, squishy and fertile soil. There are also animals that use 'wings' to soar into the skies like the flight machines of the Empire. 

The air of Illyria makes one long for the things unknown. One deep breath of the air makes you feel alive and thankful to what gods may be for your life.

The Living despair in Eidolon but the vision of Illyria gives them hope.

Hope amidst the dry wastelands where they make their home.

Hope for their children who starve and suffer under Orlais's penetrating rays.

And hope that the Living will carry on and will one day start anew in the pure lands of Illyria.

The Living hope and they will live on because of their hope.

They will forever endeavor to find the lands of Illyria, wherever it may be.