Chapter 5

So here we are currently in the longest line I have ever seen just to get into a bookstore that has not opened it's doors yet.  I am in total shock.  All of these people are here to get my book.  This is the first time I realized the magnitude of my popularity.  There are all forms of people waiting.  Regular looking blokes, outrageously looking twinks, fan girls, lesbians, gay couples and honest to goodness housewives.  Still in shock about that one.

Keaton has not stopped chatting since we arrived and although one would think it would be annoying, the sound of his voice is actually soothing my nerves.  I notice that it's suddenly quiet from his end so I look around and notice that everyone is now excited with anticipation.  The doors have opened.  Suddenly Keaton wraps his delicious arms around me and grunts with excitement.  Unfortunately it is not the kind of excitement my body is going through at the mere touch of his body so I try to reign my desires in so as not to have my body betray me.

"Balin, I am so glad to be here.  I cannot wait to get my hands on this new book.  I trully wish I knew who the real B. Dale is.  I know it has to be a guy.  It just has to be!", says Keaton.  My curiosity is peaked a bit so I ask, "Why is it so important this particular author be a guy?"  He responds, "You know I have never really told anyone this so please keep this between us.  I feel like I can trust you.  I have never really had a boyfriend or really put any effort into finding one because all other guys pale in comparison to an author who is anonymous.  I told you these stories they just speak to my soul and I honestly think that I am in love with B. Dale."  I give him a look that could only be described as complete and utter shock.

"I know what you're thinking Balin but please understand that from the first story I have felt this way.  I thought, at first, it was just infatuation, a crush but over time in has grown into this.", he states this with a look of such longing on his perfect face.  "Keaton what if you never meet this author or worse, what if you do and it is absolutely not what you were expecting?  What if indeed this author is a woman?", I asked.  "I don't care.  Eventually my need to find out the truth will either put the nail in my coffin or set my heart free.  One way or another I will find out who B. Dale is but I know, deep down inside, he is a guy.", he answers with conviction.

"But I still don't understand Keaton how you can be so sure that it is a guy writing these books.", I say to him because I need to know if I have somehow, through my writing, let even a hint of my gender escape.  Keaton turns those breathtaking eyes towards my face and says, "Because a woman could never feel what B. Dale has written on those pages.  I know maybe it is immature of me to believe with all my heart that HE is writing for me but I feel it Balin.  Deep in my bones."

I am left speechless.  Everything he is feeling, everything he is saying is true.  But you know what the worst part of all of this is.  Instead of the possibility of vying for Keaton's affections from other students within the school, the reality is that my biggest competition is MYSELF! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a week since the bookstore incident.  Keaton has been acting a bit off.  I am hiding in our schools library getting some typing in for my next novel.  I know he has read my current work and it seems to have soared to the number one spot on the best-sellers list.  I seem to be breaking all kinds of records with this new story.  My publisher is so beyond comical with his excited emotions it's enough to make me laugh.  However, that feeling is fleeting.  I know that ever since Keaton read the new novel he has been quiet, reserved.  I want to ask him what is wrong but then I remember, that conversation can only be limited to me being his roommate and not the object of his devotion and desires.

I sometimes find myself to be jealous of my penname.  How dare he hold Keaton's heart captive and then I think to myself, are you kidding me, idiot, you are his heart's deepest desire!  But over the past couple of days Keaton has been different.  I just don't know how to explain it.  So here I sit, trying to not loose myself in the current story I am writing.

This one is so much more deeper and may possibly be longer that my other works.  I just have to unload my feelings on paper before I do something stupid and jeapordize my livelyhood.

It is late and now it's time for me to go back to my room so I save all of my work, put away my laptop and head back hoping that either Keaton will not be there or deep into sleep.  For once I feel lucky, he is not here.  I put my things away and prepare for bed by first taking a shower.  You know in the past, my showers were a great source of fulfilled contentment but now, having to deal with Keaton in close quarters has got my libido in overdrive and nothing I do can satiate it.

It is so frustrating and exhausting so I don't even bother anymore.  I take my shower quickly, put on a pair of briefs and melt right into my bed hoping that the fantasies won't get too out of hand in my dreams.

Sometime later, I awaken to, what I believe, is a loud noise only to find Keaton on the floor and what looks like to be in a completely smashed state.  He looks over at me with dull, cloudy eyes and then gives me such a lazy smile that I have to remember to breath.  He crawls over to my bed on the floor and brings his face so close to mine that I can smell the distillery he must have drunk to be in this state such as it is.  

He then does something that pretty much convinces me that dying due to lack of oxygen is not so bad.  I am laying on my side just staring into his eyes and he rubs his cheek on mine and then slowly proceeds to muzzle his nose into the side of my neck and then he just takes a breath in like he is savoring my smell and then lets it out and the feeling of his breath against my skin is pretty much my undoing as I am already in a sort of sexual anxiety and I close my eyes, bite my bottom lip and wimper as I climax in my briefs.  The feeling was so intense it takes me a moment to just catch my breath.

As I am coming down from my high I am completely mortified at how my body just betrayed me and I look over at Keaton only to find him completely passed out against my bed.  Thank God for that.