Prologue

A boat sailed silently through a thick fog surrounding a very small island, but what the people on board didn't know was that there was more going on under the waves, they were only passing by the island, they weren't going on it. The boat sailed without a hitch that is until it was about to pass the island, a voice was heard, faint but it was there and it was singing, at first it was only enough to catch their attention but then other voices started to join and splashes could be heard from around the boat, the ship continued its course once it left the thick fog, except no one was on board.

Dipper lay in her nest, reading her great uncle's journal, she was just waiting for her great uncles and sister to come back from hunting, let me tell you something about dipper, she's a teenage siren and not just any siren, she was the niece of the two pod leaders, her great uncles Stan and Ford, now why isn't she out hunting, simple she can't, she lost her voice a couple of years back, few know exactly how it happened. A singing voice is essential to all sirens for it not only helps them catch their prey but it also comes in handy when they're in danger and since the incident dipper has only hunted for fish, she is considered and outcast among the pod and she can never harmonize with anyone because of her lack of voice.
Dipper heard the cheery voice of her sister getting closer "dipper were back!"