Trust

Bill POV
I've been looking for her all day but I couldn't find her anywhere.
Just then a shadow moves beneath me and catches my eye, no wait make that two shadows, I look closer to see that their dipper's sharks, 'where dipper goes they go' I think and follow them.

/time skip/

We arrive near the coast of one of the bigger islands that has a whole bunch of rocks near land, I hear a splashing  sound and look up to see a dark blue fin slightly splashing the water, I swim up to see dipper lying on some rocks looking depressed.
"pine tree?" I said.
"Go away,"she mumbled.
"you okay?"
"I said go away"
"nope," she looked up at me glaring "then just do it and get this over with," she hissed
"do what?" I ask confused.
"Oh I'm not that stupid you came here to make fun of me didn't you," she said in an accusing tone.
"what?! No no that's not at all why I came here"
"then why are you here?"
"Well I just wanted to know how" "
"how what?"
"How come you don't have a singing voice, I mean I've heard of mute sirens but they can't talk at all so how is it that you were born with the capability to speak but not sing?"
"I wasn't born this way," she mumbled.
"so it was an accident," I concluded and she nodded.
"Okay, but that still isn't answering how you can still speak and I don't see any scars"
"ugh why would I tell you! I don't even know you!" She said frustrated.
"Because I'm persistent and I'll get it out of you sooner or later."
She made a move to go back into the water but I blocked her.
"Na-ah pine tree, we're not leaving until you tell me," I said grinning,
But she tried to go another way but I was still faster, we kept doing that for a couple of minutes but then she looked like she was thinking this through very hard, until she sighed.
"y-you promise not to tell anyone" she mumbled.
"you can trust me," I said.
"I don't really have a say in this do I?" "no and don't you even try lying I can tell"
"*sigh* okay, it happened two years ago, I had just come of age to harmonize and I was still very weird since I dont like to eat humans, but I still sang them in for my family I used to be the best singer in the pod and I also liked to sing because it was fun, on the last night of the mating moon everyone was busy celebrating the newly formed couples, I never really enjoyed parties so I went to the farthest part of the island to just sit on some rocks, after a while I started to sing I was so into it that I didn't realize that I had attracted him until I finished, he was a siren that I had never seen before, he had purple scales but he looked more dangerous than any other siren I had ever seen, said that I had a really good voice and that what was I doing so far from everyone else and he also asked who I was, there was something about him that I really didn't like but I still told him my name he seemed to recognize my last name said he knew my parents and that they used to be good friends, back then my uncles wouldn't speak a word about our parents and would never answer any questions we asked about them so when he said that I'm pretty sure you can guess that I ignored every single sign that said he was bad news, he offered me a deal said that he'd tell me everything about my parents i- if I *sigh* harmonized with him" "what?! That's insane!" "I know that and relax I knew in that moment that something was really wrong about that guy so I refused, he tried to convince me but there was no way I was going to bond myself with a total stranger over some info I could get out of my uncles and that's exactly what I told him and tried to swim away but he got in my way immediately he said that was the wrong answer and that it didn't need to be this complicated and made this terrifying sound and I swam away the fastest I could but something grabbed me by the waist and when I looked down I saw this giant tentacle wrapped around me and then I saw what it was connected to, the kraken" "wow wow wow the kraken? I thought it didn't exist!" "That makes two of us, anyway it pulled me back to the surface but I was completely above the water and upside down so it was to dangerous to perform a spell without it ending up wrong, I was face to face with that siren who said that I had two choices one was to harmonize with him willingly and the other was that he could wait until I dried out" "what? But it doesn't make any sense if he wants to harmonize with you why would he then want to kill you" "I'll tell you later, anyway I obviously refused, I tried calling for help but was gagged by the kraken's tentacle, I don't remember how long I was up there but it felt like days and the pain that came with drying up wasn't helping, he asked several times (get it) if I had changed my mind but I still refused and just when I was about to faint I felt the kraken release me and I was back in the water again but I was too weak to do anything and I felt arms wrap around me and he then whispered to me that my family was coming" by now she was in tears "h-he said that if I dint use my voice for harmonizing with him then I wouldn't use it at all *shaky breath* so he took it I'm not sure how but I felt a part of me leaving and that's not even the worst part, he said that he would be back the next mating moon and that I better say yes because he won't take no for an answer, by the time my family got there I was alone and voiceless and I've been like that ever since" she went back to crying in her arms and I let the field die down and climbed on the rock with her and I hugged her saying comforting words until she calmed down "did you find out who he was?" He asked hesitantly "mhm he my parents and my uncles used to be friends, he had a huge crush on my mom but she loved my dad, apparently he was a very rare type of siren that can sing and hypnotize anything except sirens, he used the kraken to kill my father after we were born but he didn't mean to kill my mom though" "is that why he wanted you to harmonize with him?" "Yep" "why not Mabel though?" "My uncles say that I look more like my mom than Mabel, he must've just waited for the right moment and was apparently bluffing when he said he'd let me dry up he clearly could have let me dry up and leave my corpse, he wants me as his mate" 'that sick pervert' "what's his name?" I said trying my best not to sound like I was gonna kill him which I definitely will, besides something about this guy seemed very familiar "Tad, Tad Strange" 'oh no' "okay if we're being honest here I think you should know something" "what?" "I know Tad" she pushed me "what?! How?!" She looked terrified "well he was part of my original pod and might be my uncle twice removed" "your related to him!" "Relax I haven't seen him since I was five!" Her forming glare seemed to soften at that "*sigh* sorry he just gives me the creeps, not to mention that mating moon is this year, thanks bill" "for what?" "For insisting on telling you about this, guess I just needed to get things off my chest, I should get back home before they start to get worried" she said "yeah, um see ya around?" I said "definitely" and with that she dove and swam and I stayed up there for a while longer.