8

AUBURN

"Hi, I'm assuming you're the soon to be Mrs. Del Xejo?" The guy/girl greeted with a warm smile.
"Hi! Yes, Please come inside" I lead him inside the house, to the living room.

Jansen just came from the upstairs.
They both greeted each other.
I went to the kitchen to get the snacks that I prepared.

As we all sat down, the organizer started to ask us and give his suggestions.

"Daisies would be nice" I suggested and looked at Jansen for his approval. He smiled "Daisies sounds good. It fits you" at tumango-tango eto.

I felt my heart skipped a beat. I grabbed a glass of water and drank all of it. I'm too young to have heart problems.

As we finished, the organizer promised to contact us regarding it in the next few days.

"Jansen" I called him. He raised his brow at me.
"Nagka-girlfriend ka na ba?" I Asked, out of the blue.
"Tsk" he ignored me and went upstairs.
What's with that guy? Tinatanong lang eh.

Another week has passed. Jansen is currently driving me to a famous cake shop. There was an emergency call from the company and he needs to be there. I messaged Ales na samahan ako pero nag out of town vacation pala sila.

"I'm sorry, Auburn. As much as I want to be with you, kailangan din ako doon. It'll be a waste kung ica-cancel natin yung schedule with the cake shop" he doesn't sound sorry at all. All I can see is a blank face.
"Hindi pa tayo kasal pero may kabit ka na?" I spat.
Mabilis ako netong tiningnan.
"Where the fuck did that came from?" then he laughed his ass off.
"Don't blame me pag hindi mo nagustuhan yung cake. I'll stab you with a knife right then and there sa kasal natin pag nagreklamo ka" I threatened.

The car stopped in front of the shop.
"I'm sure I'll like it kung ikaw yung pipili" then he smiled at me. The familiar skip of my heartbeat was there again. "I'll pick you up. Try to wait for me, Okay? Message me if anything goes wrong" he said. I nodded and got out of the car
Before he left, He rolled his window down. "I don't have a mistress, okay? I'll tell you when I have one. Take care, Auburn" he said before leaving. I stomped my foot in irritation.

I frowned. What am I doing? Why am I being clingy? This is not me.
I rubbed my face in frustration and went inside.

They greeted me with a warm welcome and lead me inside a room.
They presented me with their suggestions with the design.
One cake caught my eye. I tried it and it tastes so good!
I just told them to change some designs a little bit.
I told them the date and the other information they needed.

Once I'm done, I got out of that room and sat in one of their tables.
I ordered a Blueberry cheesecake for me as I waited for Jansen.

We finished earlier than expected.
May umupo sa harap ko na ikina gulat ko. "Wade!" I exclaimed. He smiled at me then he motioned to one of the employees that he will order.

The cake shop is full. Since it was a famous one and their cakes really tastes good.
"How are you, Auburn?" he greeted with a warm smile.
I sipped on my drink before answering.
"Ayos lang, Medyo busy sa preparations ng wedding" I smiled. His mouth was left open.
"You're getting married?" he asked in a surprised tone.
"Yes. It'll be 3 months from now"
He brushed his hair using his fingers. He seem... Frustrated?

"Is your fiancé good to you?" I laughed and nodded.
"Yes, Don't worry"
"Sorry. It's just that, he looks like he'll stab me when he saw me in your house that day" then he chuckled.

"But... how did you know he's my fiancé?" his smile faded. Nag likot ang mga mata neto bago maka sagot.
"Who would dare grab you like that, right? I mean, he's obviously jealous when he saw me" then his eyes settled on me.

I looked at him intently.
"I know we're not that close yet and I'm a stranger in your eyes but if you ever need my help... You can always count on me" he gave me a warm smile and handed me something.

"That's my number. Save it"
"Thank you, Wade. I appreciate this so much" he's still staring at me. I feel a little uncomfortable but I shook the thought away.
"Since we're already friends, I want you to be there" I happily grabbed one of the invitation and handed it to him.

He eyes scanned the invitation then smiled. "I'll be there. Thank you, Auburn"

His phone beeped. He immediately looked at it. "Pasensya na, Auburn. Something came up" he smiled apologetically. "No, It's okay. Ingat ka, Wade" he was about to leave when I grabbed his coat. I handed him  a piece of paper. "Ikaw rin, If you need help, do not hesitate to call me. Take care" his mouth was left open for a second then he smiled. Wala na itong sinabi at lumabas na ng shop.

He's a nice person. He would not put an effort in returning my card if he isn't. Also, His warm smiles is very welcoming. It's not that I'm attracted to him romantically. It's just that... His words and smile makes me feel at home. He looks like the type of person that you can trust your secrets even if you only met him 10 minutes ago.

My thoughts are interrupted when someone came in.
Jansen walked to my table.

"Let's go home"
He offered his hand with a small smile. I reached for it and got up.

Home

AriaxRed