11

AUBURN

We just got out of our cabin after a few hours of rest. Yes, rest. After the kissing thing, he pulled me beside him and a few minutes of cuddling, we both fell asleep.

I feel the heat on my cheeks. Maybe it's the sun. Jansen is now holding my hands as we walk to a nearby restaurant.

He's wearing his swimming shorts and... He's topless, displaying his body. What an art. I suddenly had the urge to lick it. I know it sounds weird. Oh my gosh. Keep your thoughts away, Auburn! Ang manyak mo!

Napahawak ako sa noo ko dahil sa sariling iniisip. What am I thinking.
"you okay?" Napatingin ako sakanya pero umiwas lang ulit ako ng tingin.
Tumango-tango lamang ako at tumingin sa paligid.

This place is so beautiful. Ayaw ko ng umuwi. I can stay here forever.

My Floral Maxi dress is flowing freely with the wind. I'm wearing a flat sandals and sunglasses. Inside my dress is the white two piece that I bought. I've bought it a year ago but this is the first time that I'll be using it.

As we got inside the restaurant, a waiter led us to a table with a big window. I smiled. This is heaven!

My thoughts were interrupted when someone spoke.

"Jansen? Jansen Del Xejo?" I looked to see who it was. It was a girl with a light brown hair, same length with mine, almost reaching the waist.
She has a snake's eye, pointy. Her lips are pouty but not the natural pouty. It's obvious that she had lip fillers but it's okay, it looks good on her. Her dress...we're wearing the same Maxi dress but hers is a different color.

"Jennifer? Hey!" I squinted my eyes when Jansen greeted her a little bit too happy. First name basis? Seriously?

Jansen stood up and the girl had the audacity to kiss him on his cheeks. Uso pa ba yung beso-beso?

I stood up too and shake hands with her. Para hindi naman mukhang rude.
Maybe she's just like that. Okay, I'll just observe for now.

"Auburn, This is Jennifer Custodio, Daughter of one of the shareholders" oh. Shareholder huh.
"And Jennifer, This is Auburn, my wife" I smiled at her and she did the same. But I saw what I saw. Her happy mood suddenly faded. She pointed at my dress and gave a shocked face.
"We have the same dress!" she tried to look happy. I heard Jansen chuckled beside me.
I faked laugh. You failed, Jennifer. I know what you want now or much better if I say, who. It's a game over for you.

"This is a big coincidence! Sa lahat ng lugar, Sa Maldives pa!" she commented. Yes, Sa lahat ng lugar, Bakit dito pa?

"Who are you with?" Jansen asked. She shrugged her shoulders "It's just me. I took a break from modelling kasi eh and I decided na mag bakasyon muna" So she's a model.

I suddenly felt my insecurities rising. She has a really smooth and light skin, a little taller than me. She smiles prettily too. How com Jansen didn't date her? This Jennifer obviously likes her.

"Why don't you join us for lunch?" Napatingin ako kay Jansen nang sabihin niya yun. I felt my blood rushing and my hand shaking.

Inviting a girl during our honeymoon? Seriously? We should be wasting all our time ng kaming dalawa lang. Why invite this girl?

And why am I even mad? Dapat gustuhin ko 'to. Jansen will take his eyes away from me and I can do whatever the hell I want. But here I am, Wanting to smash the plates to the both of them. Bakit hindi nalang sila yung nag honeymoon diba?

I squinted my eyes when that Jennifer answer. "Sure!" they even have the same first letter in their names. Great. Are they soulmates or what?

We all sat down and Jansen called the waiter. We all said our orders and the both of them started to talk. Sabi ko nga, sila yung nag ho-honeymoon dito. The dress only made the situation worse. The other customers are looking at us. Maybe wondering what's our relationship and why the hell we have the same dress. And the both of them not minding the surroundings.

Jansen is constantly looking at me while massaging my right hand, still talking to the girl in front of us. I fished my phone out and started to scroll in my news feed. Bahala kayo dyan.

Once the food came, nagsimula na kaming kumain. Hindi ba sila matatapos? I just kept my straight face and continued to eat. Parang wala ako dito ah.

Once I finished eating, I stood up and the both looked at me.
"I'll just take a walk outside, I think I ate too much" I gave them both a formal smile. Jansen also stood up. "Sorry Jennifer b-" pinutol ko ang sasabihin neto.
"No, It's okay. You two can continue talking." I gave Jansen a fake smile and looks like he believed it. Dumb.
"Excuse me" I said before going out.

Once I reached outside, My tears immediately fell down. Why am I even crying? Bakit sobrang sama ng loob ko? I feel so alone. Yung mga taong nakakasalubong ko pinagtitinginan ako. I tried to wipe my tears pero patuloy lang ako sa pag iyak.

I shouldn't even cry in the first place like, what the hell is your problem, Auburn? This is a forced marriage. Am I expecting myself to live as a happily married woman?

Napahilamos ako sa mukha ko. Saan na ako pupunta ngayon? Mukha na siguro akong tanga.

I sat down in one of the chairs malapit sa dagat.

I think what I did was rude. Dapat hindi ako umalis doon. Paano ako babalik niyan? No. Why would I come back? Uuwi nalang ako sa cabin namin.

"Kung nandyan lang ako sa utak mo malamang, nalunod na ako" I turned to see who it was.

"Wade?!"

AriaxRed