Chapter 1 (Revised)

I met my end in a rather unconventional manner—not through any grand misfortune or tragic accident, but as a result of my own sheer carelessness. A piece of chicken lodged itself in my throat, cutting off my air supply and ultimately suffocating me. In any other circumstance, it might have been considered a mere inconvenience—a choking incident quickly resolved with a drink of water or a few hearty coughs. But fate had other plans for me, which ended in my demise.

Living alone, I found myself in a precarious situation. The blockage left me gasping for air, struggling in vain to dislodge the obstruction. Panic set in as I realized the severity of my predicament. Each passing moment brought me closer to the brink, and despite my desperate attempts to call for help, my voice was drowned out by the silence of my empty home.

It was a nightmarish end to an otherwise unremarkable life, made all the more humiliating by the absurdity of its cause. To think that a simple meal—consumed in absentminded distraction—would be the catalyst for my demise.

I attribute my demise to my obsession with the game, Destine Lover. Consumed by the allure of a hidden plot involving the game's enigmatic antagonist, Ultio, I acted recklessly and hastily swallowed a fatal mouthful without a second thought. Thus, my life was abruptly cut short.

I wanted to continue wallowing in self-blame and pity, but a curious realization struck me: despite being dead, I was still conscious. Where was I? Was this the realm of departed souls?

As I looked around, I found myself standing alone in an unfamiliar, black void. At first, I was disoriented, struggling to comprehend my surroundings. But then, the harsh reality of my demise came flooding back. I had died.

The familiar pang of self-pity returned, fueled by the realization that I was cut down in my prime, with so much left unexplored and unfinished. As a young adult, I carried a burden of regrets, especially concerning my unquenched passion for anime and gaming. To meet my end before fully embracing life's possibilities was a bitter pill to swallow.

I indulged in my self-pity session for what felt like an eternity, oblivious to the encroaching sense of confinement as the walls of darkness closed in around me. It wasn't until a force began to push me from the shadows towards the light that I snapped out of my reverie.

Was this the entrance to heaven?

***

As Christina Gray awaited her entry into the world, a brilliant cascade of light engulfed her surroundings, rendering her momentarily blinded. Instinctively, she shut her eyes. She didn't have the chance to ponder why the celestial light was so intense, for a powerful force propelled her toward it, compelling her forward against her will.

Fright seized her as she felt herself forcibly drawn from the darkness, her head being pulled into the blinding radiance. What was happening? Panic coursed through her as she grappled with the unknown force that seemed intent on ushering her into a world she had yet to understand.

Caught in a whirlwind of emotions, Christina shifted abruptly from self-pity to a bewildered state as an unseen force propelled her from her despondency. Confusion, anger, and fear surged through her, prompting unconscious tears that echoed like the cries of a newborn.

Trapped in this tumultuous sea of emotions, Christina found herself unable to stem the tide of tears. Though she yearned for clarity and resolution, her instincts prevailed, urging her to continue vocalizing her distress.

Adrift in this enigmatic realm, Christina surrendered to her instincts, allowing the echoes of her cries to resonate in the void around her.

Amidst her relentless wailing, Christina's throat began to ache, a discomfort that did little to quell her cries.

"Congratulations, Ms. Gray. It's a healthy baby girl," an unfamiliar voice broke through the cacophony of her distress.

Christina's mind reeled at the sound, momentarily forgetting her tears as she struggled to comprehend the situation. Slowly, she attempted to open her eyes, squinting against the sudden brightness. As her vision gradually cleared, shapes and movement came into focus, but everything remained hazy and indistinct.

Straining to make sense of her surroundings, Christina's gaze landed on a looming figure—a human shape, albeit distorted and exaggerated. A surge of shock coursed through her. What was happening? Where was she? Wasn't this supposed to be heaven?

TO BE CONTINUED