Chapter Four - Facts

"No. You aren't" I managed out, angry at her lies.

"I am" She spoke back "Your parents never wanted you to meet me Rosalie"

"You're lying" I spat, ready to stand and leave.

Mary seemed to become aggitated with my attitude, her smile slowly shrinking.

"I wish i was" She mumbled, the smile gone "Your mother was quite the.. character" She paused, thinking of her words "Well, let's be honest, she was a complete bitch" She continued, triggering my anger.

I stood on my feet, seconds away from storming from the room. But instantly, she was in front of me, her tight grip on my arm as she pushed me back down. Her eyes were firm, angry, her expression a little frightening.

"You were born ten years after i was. Only, i wasn't what they wanted. I wasn't good enough obviously" She continued, standing in front of me as her lipstick red lips spoke.

"They abandoned me, dumping me off at the first adoption home they could find as soon as you came into their lives" She spat, taking her seat back across from me.

"They wouldn't" I tried, shaking my head. My mother might have been a cold bitch, but my father wasn't. He wouldn't have.

"Oh they did" She nodded, unamused.

"Even if it's true, what's the point of kidnapping me? Not exactly a nice way of introducing yourself in a family reunion" I spoke, taking hold of my courage again.

She tilted her head sideways, smirking slightly down at me "They want you, and i want revenge, ta da, here we are" She answered, proud.

"They?" I asked, confused again.

"Look. I know what you are, you are that miracle that recovers the being of the undead, they don't want that, i don't want that, especially seeing as you have the one thing i want back so desperately" She continued, her smile back in place as if she was trying to be polite.

"And what's that?" I asked, almost sneering.

Her smiled grew wider, more proud and confident "Sir Duke of course"

My mouth dropped, my heart falling into the pit of my stomach. She had to be playing me, some sort of mind game, some sort of sick joke.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. She'd already insulted my parents, now she was after the person i'd fallen so heavily for.

"He was mine first, and he will be mine last, i will promise you that" She continued, this time the smile gone, her face serious and threatening as she stared at me with cold glass eyes.

"I still have no idea what you are on about" I sneered, leaning back in my seat. In a flash she was leaning over me, her eyes growing black as they stared back at me, angry and ready to feast.

"Listen to me child. You may be blood related to me, but i'm now blood hungry. Duke and i were together first, you think you can take him away from me too? I don't think so" She spat, rage filling her up.

I couldn't believe her words. It was like being in high school and getting a garbage can dumped on your head all the while slipping on a banana peel in front of the whole school. If what she was saying about Duke was true, why haden't he told me, about any of it? More lies.

Mary backed up slowly, her eyes still on mine before she paraded from the room, her heels clicking against the floor. She spoke a few quick words to her mate before the front door opened and another glare was tossed my way before she left, slamming the door behind herself.

I sat motionless, afraid, confused, hurt. Just when i thought things couldn't get worse, here they came. It was when the man slowly started towards me, his swagering walk creepy and daunting that i began to frett.