Chapter 11

I'm weak, there's no other explanation. I can't seem to stand up against ren. Even if I could I don't think I want to. I'm not sure now I let myself get like this. Walking down these halls I notice that everyone is acknowledging my presence. Back on jakku they never did that, if I put an end to this slaughter will they still acknowledge me? No they'll be too busy hating me, but maybe this isn't about me at all. This is about their lives, not my respect. I'm too selfish for my own good. I'm torn, I'm not sure what's right or wrong anymore.
     "Rey?" I look up from my sulking.
     "Good morning, Poe." I'm not in the mood to talk at the moment but it would be rude to turn away.
     "Hey have you seen Finn? I can't find him anywhere."
     "No I'm sorry, I haven't seen him."
     "Okay, thanks anywa-," he stops in mid-sentence, "are you okay, you don't seem like yourself today..." He saw right through me, ugh.
     "I'm alright." I really wasn't but I didn't want to drag him into my own problems.
     "Are you sure? Do you want to talk about it?" Poor guy sounded so awkward, I felt kinda bad he just wants to help.
     "Yeah I'm sure, you can keep on looking, I have to go see the general."
     "O-okay then." I didn't want to lie so now I guess I have to go talk to her. What a morning this has been.

     She has a nice office, I've never been inside before. I don't get the chance to knock, she knows I'm here.
     "Come in!" It's impressive and a little scary.
     "Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to talk to you."
     "Go ahead then." Crap, now I have to think of a subject.
     "So," I blurt out, "about the slau- I m-mean execution, a-are you really okay with it happening."
     "You're worried," she saw through me too,"you'll be relieved to know that I don't support it. Unfortunately I can't have a say in this matter without starting a riot."
     "So there's no going back?"
     "I'm afraid so."
     "B-but Kylo, he's your son! Surely you can do something to stop this!"
     "Wasn't this you're decision? You want to change it?"
     "I do... It's wrong to kill them, right?"
     "Rey, they chose the dark side, they brought this upon themselves."
     "What if they've changed? We can give them a chance!" She hugs me, I hug back. I can't help but cry, she's right. It's too late to save them. It's funny, I've never had a mother, it's like she's the mom that I never had. She's so brave.