Chapter 16

It's the morning of the execution, you could say it was still night though, as of right now it's 4am. We have 3 hours until the death game begins. I'm on my feet silently racing to the prison quarters, Kylo behind me. He makes a little noise here and there. I don't blame him, he's pretty weak. If I had to describe the night before in one word, I would say awful. He had a nightmare, there's a good chance this plan wouldn't work, he picked up on that. He's scared for his life. We get to the door, my key won't let me in.
"Hey Kylo, we have a slight problem."
"Let me take care of that." He takes out his lightsaber and cuts through the door. The alarms go off, everyone will be awake in about .3 seconds.
"How did you get that!" I'm quite surprised he found it.
"That's a good question, but maybe ask me when we aren't running for our lives." Now that the alarms are sounding we can't do our plan exactly as planned. We can try though-
"The prisoners are escaping!!!" Then again maybe not. We all make a break for it, we're so close I can see the exit. They all run out, except for one.
"...Kylo?" He tripped, that klutz. His leg was bent the way legs should not bend.
     "Rey... They'll be here any minute, you need to go on without me." That idiot.
     "You do realize the door is like 5 feet in front of you. Let me help you up." I hoisted him onto his feet. Supporting his weight on my shoulders we run. We were almost to the exit when a shot was fired at us. I could hear the voice, "Stop! You're under arrest!" Oh god no, I'm caught.
"Keep running..."
"O-okay," I wanted to stop, we were caught. However, for Kylo I would risk arrest. How stupid have I gotten? I'm like one of those crappy heroines, it digests me. I shoved him out the door. I was next, I jumped out behind him and closed it. We were safe, at least, he was safe.
"Rey, come on. They'll catch us out here." My heart longs to go with him, my duty won't allow it. I know what I have to do. I kiss him, it feels so good, it's so passionate. And then I break away.
"Kylo, I love you, but my duty lies here. We will be together someday, I promise." He seemingly understands.
"Until then, scavenger."
"I love you."
"I know."