Chapter 3

The rain was starting to lit up as I walked home, without shoes and my missing school bag. As I kept on walking, I stopped in front of an abandoned park entrance. I stared at the overgrown grass and stepped over the metal chain and walked down the concrete path, towards a worn out bench. I sat down and looked up to the setting sky. The shades orange and shades of pink really did look pretty together, though I prefer a rainy day's sky. 

'30 students...78 victims...this time a normal person with a normal life...' I thought. "But why this one different...?" Speaking to myself like I've always done.

"I don't know, but Alice want's ya home now." A confident female's voice spoke out to me.

I turned my attention to someone who looked like me, but her skin tone was a bit darker and her hair was longer. For some reason, I almost didn't recognize her because for some reason, her hair was white just like mine and her eye color was the same as mine too. Instead of messy hair, it was perfectly straight. 

"Who are you...?" I gave my reflection a perplex look.

"Alice want's ya home." She repeated herself in a voice I recognized. It wasn't mine, luckily, it was Miya's voice.

"I asked you a question." The confusion inside me started turning into anger.

"Alice want's ya home." Suddenly, her voice started to sound like mine. Then, the surroundings behind her started to warp like the boy from earlier.

"Again...?" I sighed and pinched my cheek right after I closed my eyes. 

When I opened them again, everything was normal again and my look-alike disappeared without a trace. I sighed in relief and rest my head back to look at the sky. 

'I don't remember falling asleep...' I asked myself.

Sitting up, I head out of the overgrown park and made my way back home. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On the way, I had to go through downtown, and as usual, it was crowed and loud. The noise started to give me a headache and anxiety. 

'I forgot to take my medicine...I'll take it when I get home.' I made a mental note.

Continuing my journey home, I stopped by the bus stop and rested at the bench that it provided. Luckily, I kept my wallet in my jacket and had enough money for the bus ride or else I'll end up walking home.

My bus arrived on time and passengers start getting off. As I and the other passengers wait for our turn to get on, a patch of white hair caught my eye and it twitch like a dog. 

'Wait...'  

I moved up a little and past the crowd, I was right on the money. I finally got a better look on his face, it looked scared and tired, but I didn't noticed earlier, he was carrying a bat with nails in it. I was surprised nobody sees the weapon he's carrying or see him in general. 

A blood curling scream rang in my ears and the animal boy turned his attention to where the scream came from, so did I. A female passenger, who just got off the bus, was crying and pointing at a man with his eyes closed. 

'He's either dead or in a coma...' I concluded, 'Wait...two in one day...?'

Everyone had all their attention to the bus, while I sneaked on to see if he's dead or not. As I slowly went up the greenish-blue steps, holding on to the metal bar to make sure I don't lose my balance. I turned around to make sure nobody saw me, but to my surprise, the unknown boy was just right behind me, probably wanting to see what happened. I slowly looked back to my destination and proceeded up the steps. Crawling on the dirty, light green floor of the bus, he followed my exact steps.

I turned to look at the woman who sat across from the male body, and I see a ring on her finger of her left hand. 

'Must be her husband...' My second conclusion. 

I reached up to his wrist to feel his pulse. Once my skin came into contact with his, a cold shiver went down my spine, but I kept going. I placed two fingers on his vein and waited. After 6 seconds, I turned pale.

"He's...dead..." I mumbled.