Chapter 18: Can't Take The Heat

(AN): Howdy, pretty lemons. Just so you know, you may or may not hate me when this first part is over. ENJOY! Pic of Declan (Colin Farrel) on the side.

************************

Evangeline's POV

I didn't really have any time to react before Declan's lips were attacking mine.

I hate you so much right now... I told my wolf. I could practically hear her smirk in my head.

No you don't...

Declan's hand moving down my leg distracted me from whatever I was about to say, and I involuntarily arched myself into him as his lips moved down my neck. Biting my lip so as to suppress the moan trying to escape me from the heat I was feeling, I moved my hands to his chest, trying to push him off of me, and failing miserably. Instead, Declan captured my wrists in one of his hands and held them above my head, allowing his other hand to continue its assault on my inner thigh.

God... Why does this have to feel so good? I thought to myself.

Because... You're in heat. And you're meant to be with him! Just let go! My wolf thought back.

Hey! Stop invading my personal thoughts! I yelled at her.

Why don't you just mate with him? Why don't you want this?!? She questioned. I'm guessing she felt the mental glare I was giving her and she scoffed before returning to her little corner of my mind.

But that didn't mean I didn't think about her question. Why didn't I want this? We were mates. I loved him and he loved me.... And he was sexy as hell that's for sure. So why did I continue to fight him? What the hell is wrong with me?

Deciding to focus on that later, I tried once more to get one of my hands free from Declan's grip but all it took for me to stop my squirming was one, very heated look from my mate. I stopped moving completely and his hard face turned soft again, almost to the look of a puppy before he swooped down to my face and placed another kiss on my lips as his hand moved down my thigh again.

"Declan. Wait..." I whispered, begging, and desperately hoping for the insane heat cycle I was going through to stop.

"Mate..." He mumbled happily, ignoring my plea. His hand then wrapped around my waist and pulled me even closer to him, earning an audible gasp from me, and by the feel of it he had no intention of letting me go any time soon. Instead, he lightly licked at my Mark, eliciting yet another moan from me, and making me forget whatever was holding me back from enjoying this.

So you could imagine my reaction when he suddenly stood up, getting off of me.

I couldn't help the groan of disappointment that came out of my throat. Declan looked at me and gave me a small smile. I remembered that this wasn't the first time Declan had abruptly stopped in the middle of one of our make out sessions.

"Why...." I mumbled.

"You're not ready. And plus you were in heat." He told me, and I noticed the heat cycle had ended somewhere during... All that fun stuff. "Your first time will not happen when you're like that."

He took a step towards the bed again, and laid back beside me, pulling me close and placing his lips on my neck before moving towards my ear.

"I want you to remember it..." He whispered. "All of it...". Very dirty thoughts raced through my mind and I couldn't help but be turned on by his voice.

He must have sensed it because he looked up at me and smirked before kissing me gently.

"Fine..." I mumbled, smiling.