Chapter 21: I Met a Man With Seven Wives

(AN): Sup Idjits.

I apologize. I've been watching too much Supernatural lately. Enjoy the chapter. Pic of Keith (Shane Coffey) on the side.

******************

Chapter 21

Shane's POV

"Hi Shane..." I heard a timid voice say from behind me. I turned around to find Mary standing behind me.

"Oh... Uh, hey Mary. What are you up to?" I asked awkwardly.

"Nothing. Just thought I'd say hi," She said shyly. "My friends are working on some project so I didn't have anyone to talk to."

"Oh okay." I said. When she didn't walk away, I asked: "So... What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know." She said. "Hey isn't your birthday in a few weeks?" She added the last part quickly.

"Yes... Why---"

"Are you excited to find your mate?" She asked. I stared at her, somewhat bewildered.

"Um... I, I don't really... I guess?" I answered. She smiled, trying to hide her disappointment in my lack of interest, but I could still tell that wasn't what she wanted to hear.

I didn't like seeing girls upset. My stepdad had always made sure that he cheered my mom up whenever she was upset. I guess I got the habit from him.

I missed them a lot.

"Do you wanna hang out at my place after school?" I blurted out, not really thinking. Immediately a wide smile spread across her face.

"Sure! That'd be great!" She said. "I'll meet you by the front doors. See ya!"

After she left I resisted the urge to bang my head against a brick wall.

******************

Evangeline's POV

"Love? You in there?" I heard Declan's voice come from our bedroom.

I had been sitting on the toilet, reading and rereading Keith's letter to me. I must have read it fifty times by now.

"Yea. I'll be out in a few minutes!" I called back.

"Okay..." Declan replied, and I heard footsteps walking away from the bathroom door.

Stuffing the letter back into my pocket, I stood up and opened the door, walking out into our bedroom.

"You sure you're alright?" Declan asked, worry in his voice. I smiled at him and made my way over to where he was sitting on our bed.

"Never better." I told him. He gave me a small smile and kissed my forehead.

"Alright then. Well I have the night off, so what'dya wanna do?" He asked.

"We should have a movie night tonight. It's friday after all. And I think Shane would like it. I brought some movies with me when I moved here and I don't think he's seen Die Hard yet." I told Declan.

"Alright. What do you wanna do 'till he gets here?" Declan said, a smirk making its way onto his face. I smirked back at him before sitting up so I could kiss him.

He smiled against my lips and manuevered us around so I was sitting directly infront of him, on his lap, my legs wrapped around his torso.

I bit his lower lip and he made a low growl, making me smile. I pushed Declan down onto the pillow, still kissing him and started to slowly kiss my way down his neck.