Chapter I: Welcome to the Desert

We went to the local Mages Guild Hall, which was the Arcane University and got teleported to the gates of a city in Hammerfell. We walked around the city, Valeria bought me some new clothes. At the moment I heard the clerk.

"Okay ma'am that will be 4500 gold"

"What..." I said inquisitively

She handed him the gold and we went on our way.

"Hey, um thanks for the clothes, but don't you think that's a bit spendy?"

"Don't worry about it," She said as she looked down and grinned at me

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, here take this. Buy yourself something, I'll be over there in the meat stall."

She handed me a handful of gold, I was just amazed by how generous she was.
The scorching heat of the desert sun burned down on the market. The shopkeepers were sweating, the dogs panting. The burning sun felt like constant heat from a fire, never stopping. I bought a large flagon of water and I drank it quickly.

"Crispy Cheddar Chicken! Freshly roasted! Straight from the oven!" A shopkeeper yelled persuasively

"Get them before they're gone! Come up, Come up! One of a kind folks! Seasoned in the richest Breton spices!"

I decided to walk up and take a look at what he was rambling on about. As I drew closer, the smell consumed me. It was utterly amazing. I have never smelled anything like it. It was like a curse from Sheogorath, strong and nice, but enough to to drive you insane.

"Hello young lad, care to try some of my Cheddar Chicken?"

"Yes, please sir."

"Alright! That's the spirit!"

The shopkeeper arranged the chicken in an exquisite line, making it look fancy and nice. He added a black savory sauce over it, finally he topped it off with a grilled leek.

"Would you like som tea with that, lad? Or I can get you some fresh water,"

"Water is fine" I smiled at him

I walked over to where Valaria was. Looking at weapons, waiting for me.

"Ready to go?" she said

"Yep"

It was about dusk, the coreagous yellow sun faded to an orange, then pink, as it faded over the gracious hill in the distance.
Eventually after walking through the decently sized city. We reached her home. In an obvious upper class district. With fabulous mansions and extravagant palaces. It wasnt a normal home. Everything seemed so expensive and upscale. We walked into the plaza in the front of the home, or should I say. Palace... The palace courtyard was beautifully adorned with a pure white fountain and an exquisite pathway up to the large pinewood double doors. Inside was a true wonder, it was stunning. The tiled ground displayed vivid images, from ceiling hung a golden chandelier. The entry room was extravagant, tall ceilings, bright and full with lavish decoration. The open rooms echoed as footsteps resonated through the room.

"Hannis! Darling come here," Valaria said

An exquisitely dressed Breton walked down the hallway.

"Yes, milady,"

The noble servant bowed before her presence.

"Oh, please dear. Call me Valaria,"

The servant turned to me and greeted me with a smile. As he bowed and held out his hand.

"I'm Hannis, and you are?"

"Wodin, sir,"

"Ah, very well. Nice to meet you. I am the servant here in Valaria's palace. If you need anything let me know and I will be glad to service you in any way I can,"

"Thank you, sir,"

"I hope you two darlings get along well!" Valaria grinned as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Now, let's get dinner ready. Shall we?" Hannis said as he paced over to the kitchen.

"While he's doing that, let me show you around,"

"So, this room that we're in right now I call this the main hall, the room over there on your right is the dining room. In the back of the dining room, follow me,"

Valaria walked over to the kitchen, as I followed shortly behind.

"In the back of the dining room, is the kitchen as you can see, Hannis is getting some food prepped for tonight. Now, the room to the left that's the family room or just the main room for talking, playing games, whatnot."

Valaria walked over to the next room to the left mid-corner of the family room

"This is the stairwell which leads to the second and third floors, the bedrooms are on the second floor, I will show you yours in a minute. On the third floor we have a ballroom and a room and fountain for swimming,"

Valaria walked up the stairs and takes me to my room. The room was as nice as the rest of the house. The bed was blanketed with rich silk and a fine fur overlay. The room was lavish and had the finest of decorations.

"Hannis's room is just over here. He prefers more of a lighter scheme so his room differs in luxury. I tried to get him to have a nicer room, but he insisted otherwise."

We toured the rest of the house for another hour or so. Until Hannis called from downstairs.

"Dinner, is done lady!"

We walked down stairs and into the dining room.