Adrien

Wow! The mayor was inviting him and Ladybug to be the guests of honor. That's AMAZING, he thought, Ladybug will be there too! I might actually find out who she is! Of course we'll be in our masks but, WOW I bet she looks beautiful in a dress.

Time jump to one week before the ball: Chloé has been out sick with pneumonia the past week but she got over it and decided it was okay to come back to school "So Adrien who are you going to the ball with?" Chloé asked, "Erm I'm not going."
"Oh no? You won't get to see me in my new designer dress!" She pouted
"Oh well that's sad," he said sarcastically, "if only."
"I'll invite you, and you can come with me!"
"I'm busy that night!" Adrien was starting to worry if he couldn't find a way out how was he supposed to attend as Chat Noir, "My father has very important guests coming over from Anerica that night sorry Chloé." The bell rang and he ran into class. "Marinette was babbling excitedly to Alya, "Hey Alya could I talk to you for a minute?" She got up and looked at Marknette uneasily, "sure, what is it?" She followed him out into the hall, "Are you Ladybug or not cause I'm confused?" She looked at him like he had grown two heads, "are you JOKING! Me? Ladybug? HA! I wish but no I am NOT Ladybug how many times have you seen me and Ladybug in the same place we don't even have the same color of hair!"
"I'm an idiot, I'm sorry."
"Why do you ask?"
"I'm just a big fan." She shrugged and walked off. Once he got back inside Alya was whispering to Marinette and she looked stunned. She asked to go to the bathroom and left.