Crepes, chocolate, and sweet things

Walking outside, I could finally feel the wind. I inhaled the sweet brisk air. I could feel the cold. I could feel. I giggled, which startled me.

The last few weeks were like a dream, they almost didn't seem real, but now I was awake.

"What are you so happy about?" Hal slyly looked at me as he practically hissed his words.

"I'm just, I'm so happy. You have no idea how long I've been waiting to feel something." I beamed.

"Woo hoo, you feel. Woopdy freakin do. You know emotions can be hurtful as well." He was pouting again. I pursed my lips and folded my arms over my chest.

"I know stupid. I also know what it's like to feel nothing. I hated it." He scoffed. I deepened my scowl.

"News flash Apple, we all know what it's like to feel numb." Why was he so angry?

"Why can't you just be happy for me for once." I snapped. We were facing each other, a fight stirring in our eyes.

"Man, I'm starving. Let's hit that cute little cafe. What do you say?" Fey appeared behind us and put his hands on our shoulders. His unnatural blue eyes saying 'knock it off or in going to kick your butts to the next block'.

"Fine."

"Yes! Food!" Hal and I said at the same time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fey had his arms behind his head and his eyes closed as we walked through the streets.

"How did you do that?" I was somewhat jealous.

"Practice baby doll. Practice." He smirked without opening his eyes.

"Baby doll my ass." I muttered.

"Naughty, naughty doll. No bad words inside the restaurant." Fey dropped his arms and opened his eyes just to stick a finger close to my face and scold me.

"We're not even in the restaurant!" I wined.

"Guys." Hal sounded serious. We both looked back at him. He was looking in a store shop window, but not at the display.

That's when I saw it.

The reflection held a dark shadowy figure over on the other side of the street. I looked over to find that the alleyway was complete enveloped in darkness, an unnatural kind of darkness.

"Well shit. Come on guys. We have to get out of here. Quickly." Fey grabbed my hand and started speed walking to the cafe.

With a ding of the bell and we were hit in the face with the smell of pancakes and sausage. My stomach grumbled.

"Garçon? Your finest table please." Fey joked with the waitress. She was so surprised that her bubble gum popped as she stared with large brown goo goo eyes at us. I guess we did look pretty strange. Almost funny. I gave her a wicked smile, why? Because I felt like it.

"Right this way." She mumbled.

She led us to a booth that was away from the windows, but overlooking them. The booth was red seated, with a brown table. It looked sticky, but it was jut the shine of the booth.

"Do y'all want something to drink?" Her voice was high, clearly trying to please us.

"I want a coffee, but make sure it's sweet." Fey gave her a nice smile, which made her face grow red. I realized then, that we weren't unattractive. In fact it is as if we were made specifically to be beautiful, despite the scars.

"I'll take a coke." Hal grumbled to the wall, not looking at...Flow. Not that I read her mind or anything, it was on her name tag.

"I'll take some ice tea." I piped up. She glared at me a bit. Someone was jealous.