o n e

Thirteen chapters of This book are available on the app Radish NOW already. Download the free app to read all of them and more before this book is updated the next time.

Plain Black Coffee

Chapter 1:

Monday, April 11th 2016

"Dolce, mhm ...Dolce stop" I groaned trying to stop my cat from licking my face any further. Puffing I jump out of my bed, exhausted from doing homework up until the am last night because procrastinator me always pushes essays until the morning of Mondays.

"Good Morning liliane, how are you doing today ?" Lida our chef asks me as I step in the kitchen and sit in front of her after draping a silk robe over my shoulders .

"Not so good" I reply yawning and caressing Dolce while Lida asked me what I wanted to have for breakfast.

"Un petit pain and French toast please" I politely answer smiling to my little sister primrose as she bubbly sat next to me.

"And black coffee, can't forget about that or she'll go crazy Lida" Prim added in a cute voice giggling with Lida and I fought the grin from my face.

"Of course"

"Darlings, have a delightful day !" My mother says grabbing an apple and pecking ours cheeks while she heads out of the door, she's a lawyer who works nonstop as my father... Well he worked from home.

"Here you go lily" I thanked her and devoured my food.

"What to wear ? Fur or denim ? Fur is quite early for Monday so I'll go for denim" I shrugged grabbing a denim skirt and a lace white top with strapy white heels. My school had a uniform, it consisted of a skirt and a top but whichever skirt and top you may pick.

"Prim are you ready ?" I shouted from my bathroom while straightening my red hair and adding some mascara and lipstick.

"Yes, but I need you to tug in my blouse for me" I smiled seeing my sister's curly red hair just like The color of mine bounce with her petite body. Nodding, I kneeled in front of her fixing her checkered skirt and white blouse.

"Et voilà" I smiled ruffling her wild hair.

"Merci lily" I mumbled a welcome grasping my leather backpack and my sister's hand and walking out of the door toward my white Range Rover.

∆∆∆∆∆∆

"Are you free this Wednesday ?" Brandon asked me as I opened my locker, I sighed knowing that he'll regret asking me out .

"I think so, it is a school night though" I replied trying to not crush his hopes.

"I know, I was thinking maybe we could get some lattes and just chat ?" I cringed because I hated Lattes but for the sake of his enthusiasm I shrugged,

"Sure" He grinned at my reply promising me the best time of my life, he had no idea what he was signing up to.

"Liliane, you're literally going to break his heart," My best friend Shani groaned shutting my locker as soon as Brendon left. She knew he wasn't gonna enjoy this date. "Poor boy, he's so excited thinking he scored a date with the prettiest girl in the school" She added as we both turned to look at him with his friend as a large grin embraced his face, probably bragging to his friends.

"But also the most boring girl in the school" Sighing I shook my head and dragged Shani to our next class.

∆∆∆∆∆∆

Wednesday, April 13th 2016

"So what's your favorite genre of music ?" Brandon asked once we were inside his Mercedes.

"Uhm, I don't really listen to music" I shrugged and added to not scare him right away "I mean I listen to pretty much anything" I forced a smile knowing that it was gonna be a hell of an evening.

Since he picked me up straight from school I was still in a plaid short skirt and a velvet brown Burberry off the shoulders top with a pair of thigh high brown boots.

"Oh, I like the chainsmokers and Lukas Graham, do you know them ?" He said after a moment of hesitation turning on the radio and I shook my head, why try to not be as boring ? It's not like I'm head over heels over him.

"How about the weeknd ? You must know him right ?" He asked hopeful.

"Not really..." I answered.

"Uhm okay enough about music, what's your favorite food ?" He changed the subject and I mentally groaned.

"I don't really have one" I replied.

"Oh wow, you're a very... Indecisive girl" He remarked keeping his eyes on the road.

"Yeah," I raised my eyebrows and turned the question to him "How about you ?"

"I like anything with calories," He chuckled and I joined in to lighten up the mood. "Pizza, Lasagna, Donuts; anything really" I nodded as if I was interested.

See my problem is that I'm a very uninteresting person and I'm also rarely interested in people. They think that since I look all rainbows and butterflies that I must be like that as well but well, they're wrong.

"Here we are," I thank god for finally arriving but I notice that the coffee shop where he brought me was absolutely not up my ally. I was used to fancy huge nicely decorated coffee shops and this small shop made me cringe, it wasn't that far but it wasn't really blended that easily into our small town. It was too cozy looking, like an apartment that became a coffee shop.

"I always come here" He said opening my door and I nodded trying to hide the fear in my eyes. It look like it lacked Hygiene and I cringed at that thought.

"Yeah ? Cool" I suppressed a smile and headed inside the place.

Once inside it wasn't really that scary, but that didn't make me less uncomfortable.

"Let's sit at a booth" Brandon said pointing at a booth in the far corner and I followed him.

"What would you guys like to eat ?" A server asked us while I was still looking at the menu,

But once I did look up, boy was I was speechless !