02 - LATE NIGHT HORROR STORIES

tw ; blood, gore, horror?

Phil and Dan walked down their street after selling their house. Phil, knowing he had made a mistake by checking himself in with a therapist was nervous - knowing that Dan might go off on him. He was tired of the abuse and he knew it, but he loved Dan and he know he loved him back. They loved too hard - as weird as that seems. He remembers the night before, with his hands holding Dan on top of him tight enough for his knuckles to blush white - their lips crashing together with quiet music blossoming in the background. He took a deep breath and licked his lips - tasting salt from the drugs they had done the night before, and gripped Dan's hand tighter.

DEAR DANIEL,   

AUGUST14  '14

Remember the time when we went into that hotel down the street? You called it the "season 5 of american horror story hotel" in lowercase. You texted me it when I was right beside you. 

We got a room with velvet sofas and a huge bed, all because the hotel owner  thought you were cute. You sat down on the bed; your shirt raising ever so slightly to show the bruises on your hips. You called me over and we watched Netflix on your laptop. 

Then we heard that scream. Do you remember that scream? It still sends chills down my bloody throat. You fell off the bed and pushed me under the sheets and you opened the door to find out what it was. 

Then, I saw stars.

You were the first thing I saw when I woke up

You were the first thing I saw when I woke up. Your lips were gushing blood and I kissed them to get some off. You smiled at me so soft it was like sugar instead of salt in my wounds, I shudder now just thinking of it. 

There was a woman beside you. She had blonde curls with pink dyed at the bottom of them. She looked scared. Her knuckles were red and her nose was swollen.

You whispered my name, "Something is outside. Stay under the bed." 

I didn't want to. I was older than you but still I left you be and I crawled under the velvet bed. I saw everything, Daniel. Everything. I wish I didn't.

I saw the masked creature rip out her lungs and place them on the floor. I saw him staring at you with impeccable vision and he pushed you back and ripped your shirt off and I knew what was going to happen. 

I jumped from under the bed and grabbed a lamp. I swung it and hit that thing's head. I grabbed your hand and your shirt and we ran out to the sky. 

We stopped in front of a white brick wall with green leaves

We stopped in front of a white brick wall with green leaves. It was morning. The sun was rising and the city was waking up. You stared at me and kissed me and I don't think my heart ever beat that fast before. 

Then I remembered, the woman. 

I can still see her lungs placed onto the deep red floor, blushing pink and waiting to be devoured. 

Then I realized.

That creature didn't have eyes. 

~~~

so many of you might be confused on what genre this story is. horror? fan fiction? romance? paranormal? it's all of them. it'll all come together in the end. 

thanks for reading ^~^