Chapter 1 ~Ladybug... Of Course~

Chat's POV

Ladybug and I were on night patrol, we were jumping roof to roof. It's been a little over a year now that we have been fighting akumas. I've been trying to get to M'Lady's heart, but of course, she always rejected me. I know we're made for each other and one day we will be together, I just know it. I have hope in that.

AT SCHOOL

"Come on, girl! You said you're going to ask him out!" Said Alya. 

"I know, I know, but it's just that what if he rejects me? I don't even know if he likes someone else!" Replied Marinette. 

"Come on! Just do it! I believe in you!" Alya starting pushing Marinette towards Adrien. 

"Ugh fine!" Marinette finally made up her mind and walked up to Adrien.

Marinette's pov

I was so nervous, but I walked up to him and tried to talk to him. I was trying my best not to stutter when talking to him, so I took a deep breath and tried to clam down. And pretend he's just another guy like Nino. "H-hey." Oh great job Marinette, you stuttered! Ok calm down and just breathe. 

"Hey." Replied Adrien. 

"So... Um... I'velikeyoumorejustasafriendandiwaswonderingifyouwanttobecomemorethanjustfriends?" I can't believe I said all of that so quickly. I don't even think he understood what I just said by the look on his face.

"What was that? Can you say that again, but a bit slower?" He asked. "Oh s-sorry. I-I've been liking you more than just a friend, and I was wond-" I was cut off by him. 

"I'm sorry Marinette, but I like someone else..." Once those words were said out of his mouth, I froze in shock. I was trying so hard to not shed a tear. 

"O-oh right... May I ask whom they be?" I just have to know who she is.

 "Well, she's way out of my league, but she's... Ladybug." Ladybug, Ladybug. I'm ladybug! That means... He doesn't like Marinette, he likes Ladybug... Of course Paris' number one favorite superhero. No one would probably think that she's just a clumsy girl that nobody likes under that mask. I'm invisible, that's right, I'm invisible! And all people care is Ladybug!

"Oh right. Ladybug. Of course! Everyone loves her, right?!" I said trying so hard not to shed a tear. "I mean why?" "Huh?" Adrien asked. "I mean you don't even know her under that mask. What if she's someone you never thought she might be?!" I yelled.

People started to look at our direction.

I was getting so embarrassed and I can't believed what I just said in front of him so I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I didn't care what people thought. I didn't care if Alya was running behind me, I just ran. I ran into the girls' bathroom and locked myself in it. It's just that rejection hurts.

THIRD PERSON 

"Marinette? Are you in here?" Alya was in the girls' bathroom looking for her. Then she heard sniffles from a stall and knew it was Marinette.

"Girl you got to get out of there." 

"What if I don't want to?"

"Please Marinette, come out so I can help you." Alya begged Marinette.

"F-fine."

Marinette came out. Her eyes were all puffy and red from crying. And her pig tails were such a mess.

"Aw girl come here." Alya came to Marinette and gave her a very much needed hug.

"R-rejection hurts" Marinette cried in her shoulder.