Chapter 2 ~Mixed feelings~

Adrien's POV

" Hey Marinette" I walked up to her, feeling bad that I rejected her so quickly and even heartlessly. I hope that she doesn't hate me or worse break our friendship. I thought of all the worst things that could happen between us until the thought bubble popped with Marinette speaking.

"H-hey Adrien" she stuttered again, waving a small wave. She clutched onto her books tightly.

" So..I'm sorry Marinette that I made you burst out like that yesterday" I apologized. She giggled in response which to be honest, made me feel relieved.

"Well..I-I did cry myself to sleep last night, but I'm fine now" I looked at her curiously. She was crying? I guess why, but all night?

"Forget about I just said" she said as a light pink blush spreads across her face.

"Well I'm really sorry Marinette" I apologized again.

"I-It's fine A-adrien, just to say, I think I moved on now" Marinette says as she looked down at her shoes as if it is the most interesting on earth. Wait...what does she mean when she said that she moved on...Does she hate me now?

"Marinette, what do you mean by saying that you moved on" I said frantically. I just really don't want to lose her as a friend.

" I-I mean..that-" Marinette was cut off by the school bell and she rushed off to class. I wish she could tell me here and now...

Skip to the end of school

Marinette's POV

I saw Adrien at the exit with....CHLOE, the bossy girl. Ugh! She is so clingy.

"ADRIKINS!" Chloe was holding on to his arm and was trying to kiss him on his cheek. And Adrien was trying to get her off of him.

I felt kinda bad for him, but he doesn't really matter to me anymore, only as a "friend."
Only a friend, I guess...

I started to walk back home, but then I saw a familiar black cat running on the roof. I didn't think much of it, I thought he was on patrol. So then I continued walking home.

Adrien's POV
I wanted to ask Marinette what did she mean by "moved on" but of course, Chloe was clinging onto my shoulder. Like almost all the time, I wanted to talk to Marinette for a while. I wish that I have never met her. She's just so annoying and always causes akumas. By the time Chloe left, Marinette also left. So I quickly turned into Chat Noir. Hopefully she'll be more open up and willing to tell me more when I'm Chat. When I got to her roof I knocked on her window.
She noticed me and stopped whatever she was doing and let me in.
"I saw you running on the roof, I thought you were on patrol." said Marinette, she showed more emotions to me as Chat than as Adrien which I noticed at first sight.
"Oh, I wasn't on patrol, I just wanted to check up on my Princess, Princess." I gave her a little smirk and wink.

She giggled.

Gosh, what is this tingling feeling inside me? I kinda wished I didn't rejected her, Ladybug is way out of my league anyways just as what Marinette said earlier. She has the most cutest smiles and gives me butterflies in my stomach. Wait, do I have feelings for her? No way! That's stupid, I'm stupid. I rejected her, and now I want her?! That is so wrong, I shouldn't be the one chasing for her? What's wrong with me!

No One's POV

"Hey you there? Earth to Chat." Marinette noticed that Chat was spacing out and was bringing him back to reality.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine" Chat stuttered.
"Ok then, I'll go down to get some food for us, and hopefully when I get back you'll get your priorities together." She started going down her trapdoor and left the room.