Rejection

The boy that gives you chills.

   The girl that calms you down.

   Yeah, they just said no.

   Be it to the dance, to hang out, to date, or even to talk more, it's gonna fucking suck when they say no. Because you devoted your time, heart, and soul to believing you had a chance, and they threw it out the window. 

Fate draws you to the edge, in hopes that you will be enough, and sometimes we fall off the edge, stop too short to see the truth, or stand there stiff.

This one is your shooting star... And you feel a sweep of emotions whenever they just look at you. To know that they're happy is a guaranteed insurance that you're going to be happy too. You just want to crumble and fall apart right where you stand... That feeling of doing nothing is the feeling of loss. All of the emptiness rushing back to your head.

It's okay to feel this way. You can feel the black and blue form in your chest almost immediately as your limbs begin to grow weak, and tears well in your eyes.

Screaming internally is okay too. All we can really do is hope that this person is happy once they find someone. You will always love them, perhaps... Nobody is like them in any way shape or form, and you feel lost without them. They take your breath away and leave you with a feeling similar to the warm sun on your back, winning a championship game, and altogether making you stay sane.

The aches and pains come from the little tingles you felt when you believed you had a chance, like a cruel form of acupuncture. The needles tickle a bit in most places, but when you realize you just lost your chance with someone you love, the spines penetrate the nerves and inject the toxins of negative thoughts and lies to fill the empty space that the blow has just left.

You don't stop to think that there will be another, that somebody will love you, and you will be able to smile. The one that will fill the space and blow all of the negative thoughts away, simply by smiling at you. 

There is always one for someone.

And there is always another chance to find them.