Truths From a Liar

I maintained my cool stature, strolling down the hall. Dressed as an officer for the First Order, no one suspected me.

"You gotta stay calm, Kayrin. She wouldn't have assigned you to this if she knew you couldn't handle it." Poe said, as I began my climb into the ship. I stopped, and looked down at him, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I didn't even realize I was tearing up. I jumped down to the floor off the ladder, and gave him a big hug. He patted my back, and hefted a sigh. I collected myself, wiping my tear on his brown leather jacket. I pulled away, clearing my throat.

"I'll be fine, brother. After all, you're the best pilot, and I'm the best agent. We can do this."

That was a lie. I walked down a hall, until it was empty. Looking back and forth, I made a dash for one of the smaller control rooms. Once inside, I pulled out my download chip. I glanced up at the camera screens and saw what no Resistance fighter wants to see. Kylo Ren and some Stormtroopers headed right for me. I was thrown into a panic and searched frantically for a plug. It was far too late. As I heard the door open, I turned around and tried to gain a professional composure, all for naught. He marched at me, and was inches from my face. To look into this man's mask, was to look into to inevitable death.

"Who are you?" His mask distorted voice asked.

"Officer Drud, sir. I was sent to this room by orders from my captain. I was-" I began to try and talk my way out of this, but was cut off.

"Sir," a stormtrooper held my chip, holding it for Kylo Ren to see. Damn.

"What is this," he demanded, snatching the chip from him.

"Sir, there is no Officer Drud here." A trooper said, a touchpad in his hand. Damn. Kylo Ren looked to me once more. Damn. Before I could begin to make up a story, a force swung down to my knees and I collapsed before him. He kneeled down to face me, and stuck his hand in front of my face, and a powerful wave of agony washed over me. I grunted, trying to hold back how bad the pain was, and it only increased.

"A Resistance fighter. Take her to a cell. Don't harm her. She may have information," he said rising back up to meet the troopers. The pain flooded away as soon as it came, almost enough to make my head spin. I looked up and he ran his hand over my head and I lost consciousness, but not before I felt my head crack against the cold, metal floor.

____________________________________________________________________________________

*Mid-story A/N*

Hello! So, I swear this was my dream, and I feel like I should share it with you wonderful people! Yes, you! Especially, the beautiful people reading this A/N! Now, down to the spit and spiffy, I swear this is not a Stockholm Syndrome book. Maybe, a little, but my sub-conscious is a shart, so.... This is where it's gonna get dank. *insert dabb here* did i use that right? Enough about me, so lets dive right in!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blurry lights seeped in through the crevice of my eyelids, and a high-pitched droning sound awoke me from the darkness. I'm gonna wake up, and see Poe standing in my doorway, ready to creep me out, just like any other day. That was a lie too. My eyes fluttered open as I realized where I really was. A First Order cell. I was laying in a strange chair diagonally, with things keeping my hands and feet from moving at all. I looked around and saw nothing. Just a metal room with peculiar lighting. I shook my hands and feet, praying for strength, but nothing happened. I cried out in frustration, and that was the only sound. I relaxed. I might need my strength later. I laid my head back against the support, and began to close my eyes. It was so silent, but that changed quickly. The sound of a door opening behind me made me raise my head and strain to see who it was. Heavy footsteps filled the silence, and he stepped out from behind me. The masked man of children's nightmares was going to become one of mine too. He stood next to me looking at me with invisible eyes, and I felt claustrophobic.

"I didn't know we had the best agent in the Resistance on board."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied a lot. Poe was right. I'm gonna die lying. One of the man's hands adorning a leather glove raised near my temple. Once again, the skull-splitting pain came and I was feeling it twice as bad. I grunted and grimaced in agony, but did my best not to show it. I suppose that failed. My face contorted in pain, and I could no longer hold it in. My shrieks built to screams and I was overwhelmed. Blood began to flow from my right nostril, dripping into my mouth. The copper taste grew too much and I had to spit, no matter the pain I was feeling. The blood was pooling and I began to gargle. I hunched over the best I could and let the crimson waterfall drop from my mouth.

Right onto his boot. The piercing ring from the pain was beginning to drown my screams, and I felt my body failing. My eyes swam, head pounded, and stomach twisted. I could take no more, and then it stopped. The man's hands reached up, pushed back his hood, and clicked a button on the mask. It was lifted and I felt terrified. With long, dark, curly hair and dark eyes, I stared. This man wore a mask but had no disfigurement. I breathed heavily, still reeling from the pain.

"We already know about your position. We know about the map. Tell me your name." His peculiar voice demanded.

"The Resistance will not be intimidated by the likes of you. If you," I grunted, still achey. "think that I'll tell you anything, you're a bigger fool than I thought." I regret that now. Needles stabbed my hippocampus, and I remembered stories I was told as a little girl to scare me. People with the Force can read your mind. See your memories. Learn all about you without saying a word. Those were no longer stories.

It was the truth.

____________________________________________________________________________________

*Post-story A/N*

Hey! Yeah, me again. Sorry. This is the end of the first chapter of "Torn Apart"! Yay! I know there may not be too many Kylo Ren fans out there, given what he has done, but oh well! SO, I'm gonna put out an ad for someone to make me a real good book cover, since this one is just a picture I found online. If you find grammatical errors, don't be shy and point them out please. If you have questions, ask me. Now, I won't update this very often, given I have finals coming up, so my apologies. And if you really did read all of this, I love you. You all are my best friends! Love you, babe!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------