Hopes from a Hopeless Person

I stayed awake, terrified of another dream. Another dream where he kissed me. I cut slack to my body and I sagged lightly but nothing too major. I groaned in anguish. Before I could talk to myself, the door whooshed open. I immediately straightened my body. Heavy footsteps slowly made their way around. I looked into the pristine white helmet of a Stormtrooper. I glared at him, the tension high. 

"Are you the prisoner Kayrin Dameron," the thick voice inquired.

"What?"

His hand holstered his gun, looked to the door, and then reached up and took off his helmet. The quiet hiss of the seal disengaging frightened me. 

His skin was dark, matching his eyes. Short black hair was neatly trimmed and his nose was big to an extent. He looked at me and leaned in.

"Are you the prisoner Kayrin Dameron?"

"Yeah. Why?" Stormtroopers never take off them helmet. Not at least in the presence of a rebel. I felt a trust towards him.

"Do you know the prisoner Poe Dameron?"

"Why?"

He glanced up, fear slightly glazed in his eyes.

"He is a pilot for the Resistance, and I need help."

I gasped, I knew that in my moment of crisis, another Resistance fighter would come. "The best there is. Are you part of the Resistance?"

"What? No," he sputtered, seeming taken aback. "I'm a Stormtrooper, but I-"

"A Stormtrooper changing his mind to fight for the good guys? That's a first." I spat. How dare he? He is just trying to get information. "You lying snake."

Before he opened his mouth to speak again, a heavy breath caught in my throat. His words sank in.

"Wait... Did you say 'prisoner'? Like, the same boat as me, prisoner?"

He backed up and a sorry look crossed his face. I sank deep into a slump, and I felt horrid for snapping at him. How did this happen? General is going to be pissed. 

"Yes. I'm sorry. Let me explain. I need to leave this place. The First Order is wrong in their thinking and I just need to leave."

After moments of silent pondering, I whispered, feeling hopeless.

"What can I do, I'm stuck in a chair, and even if I was free, I wouldn't know where he was. I can't just walk out of here."

He paused momentarily. As he did, I thought of a outrageous plan. 

"Get me out of this," I looked at the contraption holding me. "Find me a suit from a First Order officer, and I'll help you." 

He began to think once more.  He smiled softly in agreement as he put his helmet back on. The words came out garbled from the voice scrambler. 

"I'll be back with a uniform soon."

And with that, he returned to his former composure as a Stormtrooper and walked out with the door slamming behind him. I looked all around again and as I did, a ominous feeling overcame me. I shuddered and I laid my head against the rest. 

As I did, the door wooshed open and I smiled. I was getting out of here. 

"That was f-"

I soon realized I wasn't talking to the right person. It was again, Kylo. I never held my tongue before but it was time to start. I had my hopes up, and that was the mistake. I was never going to leave and that was a fact I had to face.

"Hello again." 

Author's Note-

So with the imminent holidays approaching, I have to take a leave of absence until the New Year. Updates will be basically impossible for me. I love you all and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!