Chapter Four

Hermione glared at the red-haired witch standing before her. "You said it was going to be quiet drinks," She said, eyeing up the bustling nightclub before her.

"It was my brother's idea," Ginny quickly clarified, weary of her friend's wrath. "I just saw that he was making an effort of sorts, and decided to leave him be with his plan."

"But why would he do that? He knows I hate clubbing," Hermione inquired, fixing her long-sleeved dress. She felt immensely underdressed even for her own standards. She had dressed anticipating maybe a nice meal and a few drinks - not for a night of clubbing!

"You need to relax," Ginny said. "It will be okay, I promise. I know he's arranged for a private seating area for us. That means we'll be away from the extremely crowded part, and you'll have plenty of breathing room."

"Thanks Gin," Hermione said, thanking the other witch for helping her make do with the current situation. "Do you know when they are supposed to get here?"

"Should be any minute now. Although, Harry mentioned he will probably be held up. It's just my brother we're waiting on, everyone else is meeting up with us later."

"Wait... Everyone else?"

"A witch doesn't turn 22 every day, now do they?"

"Oh Merlin, if I knew this was going to be such an affair-"

"-you wouldn't have come."

"That is true."

"Hence, our reluctance to tell you what we were really doing tonight."

"So, this was trickery?" Hermione raised her eyebrow.

"Hell yeah, all in the name of fun," Ginny smirked.

"I don't see what's fun about this," Hermione mumbled, dreading the night to come already. She hugged herself, shivering slightly as a gust of wind blew in their direction.
She looked around at the streets, surveying the long line of people forming at the entrance.

"Come off it, 'Mione. I'm sure you'll enjoy the night once you give it a chance," Ron's voice rang out, startling the two witches.

"Merlin, Ron, don't scare us like that" Ginny grumbled, whacking him over the head with her clutch.

"Ow! That hurt!" He yelped, rubbing the back of his head as he jumped away from her.

"Ron... Hi. When did you get here? I didn't see you arrive," Hermione asked, fiddling with the clasp of her bag as she looked up at him.

"About a minute ago, I apparated," He explained, leaning down to kiss the brunette. "Anyway, let's go in. I've booked us a booth."

"Any idea when everyone else will get here? I want to order the drinks already. I'm so ready to get drunk tonight," Ginny laughed, walking through the glass doors and making a beeline for the bar.

"Not too drunk, mind you. I don't want you taking home some random bloke," Ron argued over the music.

"Oh, shove off, Ron. I'm not a baby, and I'll get under whoever I want to get under," Ginny snapped, it was clear that it was her final answer.

Ron went red but wisely chose to stay silent, instead placing a hand on the small of Hermione's back to guide her inside.

"Look at how great this place is, I overheard Seamus talking about it a few weeks ago and I knew that we had to try it out at some point," Ron grinned.

"Yeah, it's great..." Hermione tried to seem excited, but the strobe lighting, blaring music and smell of alcohol wasn't really her scene.

Looking around at all the people, she thought it would probably be near impossible to get a drink. The Dj's music excessively loud, and the trio made their way upstairs onto one of the other more low-key floors.