I Can Be Your Savior: Chapter Two

Disclaimer: All characters used are not mine and belong to their own company. Any songs or song lyrics used belong to the artist and will be credited as so.

Warnings: the following contains bullying, physical and emotional abuse, homophobia and homophobic language/slurs, underage drinking, drug abuse, suicidal thoughts, sexual relations between a seventeen and eighteen year old

Chapter Two:

The first three periods of his day are alright. He's always been a huge nerd, even though he took classes below his level so he and Adam could have the same schedule. He supposes he doesn't mind it. It means less work, less brain power used on a daily basis, and he gets to spend a lot of his time with his best friend.

Besides, he's not going to college. He's going to become a professional wrestler, and he doesn't have to have perfect grades and a high school career decorated with AP and Duel Enrollment courses.

He could definitely handle them, but he chooses not to.

Except for when it comes to English. He's always excelled in that class, probably because he was blessed with excellent teachers every year who he genuinely bonded with, and it's by far his favorite subject. This year, he's taking AP Literature, which was pleasant for him in his old school. He can't imagine it being any different.

It's taught by some guy named Mr. Heyman, and he seems to be well liked amongst the kids who have him.

But Jay pushes all of that out of his mind as he realizes a travesty has occurred. He quickly rushes over to where Adam is sitting at one of the lunch tables - fourth period lunch, woo-hoo - and he's practicing bursting with anger.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" Adam asks, raising his eyebrows in genuine concern.

"They don't have a hockey team here," Jay replies, shaking his head, "What kind of school doesn't have a hockey team?"

"Dude, we're in a city full of country people. I'd be surprised if they even knew what hockey is," Adam points, "Besides, the only NHL team here is the Thrashers, but they're complete shit anyways, so nobody except die hard fans are gonna root for them."

Jay knows that Adam is right, but that doesn't make this wrong. If anything, it only shows how much more messed up this school really is.

"So, about what happened this morning," Adam begins, his voice trailing off. He gives Jay an expecting look.

"With the kid?"

"Yeah, his name is Allen," Adam says, "But yeah, that's the only morning we've had here, sooo.."

"There's nothing to tell," Jay replies, shrugging, "I felt bad for the kid, reminded me of what I had to go through.. but he wanted nothing to do with me."

Allen, huh? It sounds so common, so normal, yet it's the most exciting thing he's heard all day.

"You looked pretty into him, though," Adam points out. Fair enough. "I know our peers normally say stupid shit for no reason, but this morning that one guy did call him a homophobic slur, which could be that he's.."

Adam once again lets his voice trail off, eyes raised. Jay knows what he means.

There's a chance this Allen character could really be a homosexual, and Jay should go for him if that was the case.

Normally, he'd have no problem agreeing to this. Allen is the most attractive thing Jay has ever laid eyes on, and it seems they have faced some similar obstacles in their life.

But Jay has a feeling that Allen isn't the kind of guy who lets people in just because. Hell, it seems to be that Allen doesn't let anyone in at all, if this morning's actions were anything to go by.