I Can Be Your Savior: Chapter Three

Disclaimer: All characters used are not mine and belong to their own company. Any songs or song lyrics used belong to the artist and will be credited as so.

Warnings: the following contains bullying, physical and emotional abuse, homophobia and homophobic language/slurs, underage drinking, drug abuse, suicidal thoughts, sexual relations between a seventeen and eighteen year old

A/N: If you have any couples that you'd like to see around here, let me know in the comments! The only thing I will not accept is John Cena/Nikki Bella because of what happened in the first chapter, and I'm not gonna make John a bad person like that.

Chapter Three:

The rest of the class period went fantastically, according to Jay. AP Lit is, without a shadow of a doubt, his favorite class of the year. If not of his life.

And it's only partly because of the person sitting next to him.

They just started the Shakespeare lesson for the year, and their first assignment is to read over his bibliography and learn about the time period, so they'll be able to apply history and facts to his writing.

It's so exciting Jay can barely handle himself.

"Hey," AJ grabs the Canadian's wrist just as he's about to leave, "I never got the chance to apologize for this mornin'."

Oh, God, his accent is absolutely delicious.

"There's nothing to apologize for," Jay replies, shrugging.

AJ shakes his head and they start to walk out of the class together, "I snapped at ya when you were just tryna help me. Guess I'm not used to people bein' nice to me."

That's easily the saddest thing Jay has ever heard anyone say. Even though his parents were hateful, self centered jackasses, they were still nice to him.. every now and then. Especially before he came out.

"Well, you're gonna have to get used to it, because I plan on always being nice to you," Jay smiles down at the brunette, and the country boy blushes.

It's so cute. Too cute.

Jay spots Adam leaning by the wall, and gives his best friend a look to wait. As ridiculous as it may sound, they're having a moment right now. He didn't think this would actually happen.

"You don't have to," AJ says, frowning, "Not a lotta people 'round here like me, and I'd hate for you to get mixed up in that, 'specially since you're new." Jay opens his mouth to protest that, but AJ just walks away.

He absolutely despises homophobes, and he wants to protect anyone harmed by their bullying. Plus, AJ doesn't deserve to be treated like that.

"I see nerd class went well," Adam says, smirking.

"Shut up," Jay retorts, elbowing his best friend.

"You don't get to talk to the Rated R Superstar like that," Adam says, narrowing his eyes teasingly.

"That gimmick is never gonna work, dude. Not if you're gonna work for the WWF."

"Right, like Captain Charisma is so much better."

"Both of those names suck," Amy says, appearing beside Adam, "but that might be because you both suck."

Adam scoffs, and goes into his explanation of why his nickname is the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.

~

The rest of his day is uneventful. He has the last two periods of his day are both with Adam, which he knows for a fact. AJ walks into his seventh period, but he has to sit in the front, which is so far away from Jay that he can't even focus on the teacher.

It also allows the brunette to slip out the front without Jay being able to follow him... not that he was going to. That'd be weird..

"Hey, are you guys busy tonight?" Amy asks, once again appearing beside Adam. This time Jay actually jumps because he wasn't expecting it.

"I don't know, probably not," Adam replies.

"Well, if you're both free, them we can hang out with some of my friends," Amy suggests, "They're all pretty chill people. If you like me, then you're definitely gonna like them."

"Adam certainly likes you," Jay says, receiving an elbow from his best friend in return.

"Do you think AJ will be there?" Adam asks, waggling his eyebrows suggestively. Jay elbows him as payback and an attempt to get his friend to shut his damn mouth.

"Canadians are so weird," Amy says, shaking her head, "But, uh, yeah, he probably will. He doesn't come often, but his best friend just got out of jail, so he should be there." The brunette's eyes flick between them, questioning their motives, "I hope you two aren't going to do anything mean to him. He has enough shit on his plate as it is -"

"No, of course not. It's just that one of us would like to get to know him a little better," Adam cuts her off, "Right, Jay?"

The slightly younger teenager crosses his arms over his chest, eyes narrowing at his friend. Amy's eyes widen in surprise, a knowing look passing over her features.

"Oh, wow. Okay then," the brunette smiles before she checks her watch, "Well, I gotta go. I hope you guys can come - especially you, Jay, Lord knows that boy can use some love in his life." She gives them a playful wink before spinning on her heels and walking in the opposite direction as them.

Jay snatches the keys out of his best friend's hand, throwing him a dirty look. Adam just shrugs his shoulders and follows him to the senior parking lot, an amused look in his eyes.

What a jerk.