Chapter 2: Why......

Deidara's P.O.V

   "DANNA! DANNA!!" My cries become piercing shrieks of utter agony, even after my throat has become sore, and my voice hoarse, I still don't stop. I start to cough up blood, but I don't care. Life....it has no meaning to me now that Sasori is gone. Eventually I fall into a dreamless slumber, where all I see is black.

    The next morning I wake up to what seems to be the sound of Sasori sanding one of his puppets. I immediately open my eyes, and sit up, still in somewhat of a dreamlike state. And I see Danna working on one of his many puppets. " Danna! You're Back!" I jump up and run to where his art desk is and glomp him. But.....my hands touch nothing but air. I crash onto the floor, along with the chair. Then reality hits....and I remember that he's dead.

  Oh how I wish that this was merely a dream. Just a nightmare that I could wake up from and everything would be back to the way it was. And Danna.......would still be alive. If only I had been there with him, then maybe I could have saved him!

    Then I notice a small book, 'huh it must have fallen off Sasori's desk when I fell on to the floor.' I lean over and grab it, strange I've never been this curious before about anything of Sasori's. So why now? Why am I all of a sudden overcome with the incessant need to open it, and read whats inside?

    "It's probably just more sketches of his ' Art '." I mumble to myself. But who knows, maybe it's something different this time. It's covered in a thick layer of sawdust. I sweep all the sawdust off of the cover, that's when I notice the faint gold lettering stamped on the front. It says 'My journal' and stamped below it is.......Sasori's symbol. A scorpion.

    My eyes widen and my hands begin to tremble violently. All I can do, is simply stare at it. In complete and utter shock. 

Finally I manage to calm myself down, and slowly open it, holding my breathe with anxiety and anticipation. As I open it, a piece of paper falls out, and onto my lap. I tentatively pick it up.  Then I realize.....it's a letter. It appears rather worn, and somewhat yellowed. An old water-stain mars a corner of it. On the back of it, I see Sasori's spindly handwriting. It says 'From Akasuna no Sasori, To -------' The name of whom it was to be addressed to has been scribbled out entirely.

  " Huh, I wonder who Sasori was going to send this to? "  It has obviously never been opened, as the wax seal has not been broken. I carefully open it, undoing the wax seal on it. I then gently pull the letter out of the envelope. 

   The letter is written in black ink, from what appears to be from a fountain pen. I slowly and carefully read the letter

         My Dearest Deidara,

      By the time you read this, I will probably be dead and gone.
                      But I want you to know something that I never had the courage in life to tell you.
      Deidara.........I love you.
                      I have since the day you first joined the Akatsuki.
              And despite our different views on art, and the petty fights that always ensued because of that.
       I want you to know Deidara, that even though I may be gone, I still love you.
    I'll always be with you, even in death, nothing can or will tear me apart from you.
A lot of people say that 'Love never dies.' Yes, it does not die.
      And I will admit, in a world where everything is fleeting, it is the one thing that truly is eternal in this short life.
I only wish that we could have spent more time together, but Fate has torn us apart from one another.
But please do not despair, for I'll always be waiting for you to join me in the afterlife.
     So we can walk into the unknown, and leave this mortal plane behind us, hand in hand, side by side, being together forever, for eternity.
                                                                           I'll never forget or stop loving you Dei-Dei. So please don't forget me.

                                                                                                                                                      Love,
                                                                                                                                       Sasori No Danna.