Chapter 12

Lynn's POV
I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as I got to my locker. I quickly opened my locker and pulled my bag off the hook. I stuffed my homework folder into my bag and then my text book for Chemistry. Tonight was surprisingly the only night in a while that I don't have a lot of homework. I ran a hand through my hair as I zippered my bag closed and draped it over my shoulder. I slid my other arm through the other hole and closed my locker.

I saw Ethan walking towards me, confidence was basically radiating off him as he walked. I don't understand how one boy could have so much confidence.
"Hey Eth" I said. He licked his lips and stood in front of me and stuffed his hands into his pockets.
"We're going on a date tonight" He said. I raised my eyebrows.
"I don't remember agreeing to this" I said.
"So you're saying you don't want to go?" He said.
"No, I'll go"
"I knew you would" He said and took my hand.
"Where are we going" I asked.
"The walking dick and Meredith are going to Cali's tonight" I guess the walking dick means Matt.
"Cali's?" I repeated. He nodded. Cali's always scared me. Not that it was dangerous or anything, it's just, very fancy and high end. Only people who have the most money in town go there. My family and I have only been there twice the entire time we've been here. And Ethan's? They've gone their fair amount of times.
"I'll be at your house by 6, we have a reservation for 6:30" He said. He called already? I nodded and I pushed open the doors and we walked outside.
"What should I wear?" I asked.
"Whatever you want" Ethan said.
"Isn't it fancy" I said. He shrugged.
"It's up to you what you wear" He said.
"I don't want to over dress" I said.
"You can't over dress, Ly, it's Cali's" He said and chuckled.
"I'll see you in a little while" Ethan said and then walked away.

I took out my car keys from my bag and walked over towards my car. I threw my bag in the back and got in the driver's seat. I started my car and backed out of the spot. I pulled out of the parking lot and zoomed in the direction towards my house. I pulled to a stop light and waited for the light to turn green. I heard my phone go off and I looked down at it. It was from Madison.
'You doing anything today?'
'Going out to dinner with Ethan at 6, come over I need your help with something' I pressed send and looked up at the light. It turned green and I pressed the gas. I heard my phone go off and I glanced at it. Madison responded with an ok and I pulled into my neighbourhood. I got of my car and got my bag out of the back seat. I locked my car and walked to the front door. I used the key on my lanyard to unlock the door and pushed it open. I dropped my bag on the ground and saw a note on the table. I walked over to it and picked it up.

Ly, I have a meeting tonight so I'll be home late. Expect me around 9. Make sure you feed Billy and Poppy. Ashley will bring home Poppy around 3.Love you, Mom

I crumbled the note and tossed it in the garbage can. The front door opened,
"Hey Mad," I said.
"Where are you?" She asked.
"Kitchen" I said and grabbed vitamin water out of the fridge. She walked in and grabbed my drink from me. She opened it, took a sip, and handed it back.
"Where are you guys going tonight" She asked.
"Cali's" I said.
"Cali's...On Fourth Street?" She said. I nodded.
"That's the one" I said.
"Yeah you definitely need my help" She said.
"I don't even know what I'm going to wear" I said and ran a hand through my hair.
"I asked Ethan, and he's like 'wear whatever you want' like thanks, that helped a lot" I said. Madison chuckled.
"You know guys aren't good at that kind of stuff" She said. I shrugged.
"So maybe a dress?" She asked.
"It's too cold for a dress" I whined.
"Too bad. This is going to take a while, so let's get moving" She said and we turned around.

The front door opened and Poppy ran through.
"Hey shortcake" Madison said.
"Madison, what are you doing here" Poppy asked.
"I'm helping your sister find something to wear for tonight" She said.
"What's tonight?" Ashley asked and set her bag down. Ashley was my cousin, that just so happened to go to college here in North Carolina. Duke, to be exact. How did she get in? I don't exactly know, but I do know that her family has money. So, they probably slipped that admission person a few extra hundreds and presto, she magically got in. Their family says it's a political thing, but I highly doubt it is.
"Ly's going on a date" Madison said.
"With Ethan" Poppy sung and I pushed some brunette hair out her face.
"You look cute today" I said.
"Did you pick out your own clothes" I asked.
"Duh" Poppy said and ran to the couch.
"She has your attitude" Madison said.
"Funny" I said sarcastically.
"Ethan? Ethan Dolan?" Ashley asked.
"Yep" I said.
"Isn't he a player?" She asked.
"I guess not since we're dating" I said. Ashley didn't say anything else so Madison and I turned around and walked out of the Lying room.