Chapter One

Song~"Stay", by Rihanna.

~Chapter One~

I grabbed his hand, I didn't know how we were going to do this. We loved each other to much, our lives were together. I knew my collage was pretty much my life, but I didn't care. All I cared about was him, at least right now. 

He fell asleep in my arms while watching a movie, but I wasn't really paying any attention to the movie, I was just thinking about how I would break the news to him. I kissed his forehead, he moved a bit. But didn't open his eyes. I moved a small piece of his hair away from his face with my index finger. 

My eyes slowly fell and I went to sleep. 

.

.

.

.

"Delilah... Wake up babe..." I heard the sweet voice of Mitch. I groaned, not waiting to. Ever. Even though the couch was very uncomfortable... But hey, sleep is sleep.

My eyes opened slowly, I got blinded by the light. Not the usual hour I woke up, it was almost always dark when I woke up. I don't know why, I was just a really early riser. "I don't wanna, Mitch." I  pouted at him, he just smiled then picked me up in his arms; Bridal style. "What time is it, anyways?" I asked him, yawning. I was tired from staying up late last night, even if I had some more time to sleep in the morning. 

"The afternoon, about 1:00 PM. Why are you in a rush?" He asked, setting me down at the table for me to sit on a chair. My eyes grew wide. 

"Oh my gosh, I have to pack!" I said, I shot up from my chair and ran to my bedroom. He stood speechless in the hallway. 

"Where are you going?" He asked, walking to the bedroom, where I was hurrying around trying to shove things into my suitcase. I stopped for a second, then turned around to face him. My biggest fear, I had to go straight on and tell him. Tell him I was leaving him to go to a college in New York City.  

"I-I..." I stuttered, I looked down. I wasn't able to meet his confused eyes. "About three months ago, I was offered to go to college in NYC." I looked up, he looked at me, his face showed pure sadness. "Mitch... I accepted." 

"Wh-wha-what?' He was close to tears, we meant the world to each other. Out of the blue, I was leaving. It had to hurt. "Why didn't you tell me first thing?" He sat down on my bed, he ran his fingers in his hair, then put his head in his hands. 

"Mitch.... This is one in a life time chance." I sat next to him, putting my hand on his knee. He shooed it off. He was mad at me... I sighed deeply, now I was almost in tears. I didn't mean for anything of this to happen. All I wanted was him not to get hurt, but I made everything worse.  "I just want you to know that I love you, forever." I got up and kissed his forehead. I took my bags and rushed out of my bedroom and house. 

I loved him.