5| Take Me To Church (Part II)

We're either remembered for good things or bad things we've done.
* * *

I was peacefully staring at the monkeys fighting when Krishna and Arnav blocked my line of vision.

"Can you show us around the Church?" Krishna asked innocently. "It's beautiful, honestly. I want to take pictures of everything."

For what?

Pondering over the cons of showing them around, I decided it wouldn't be too bad. Their oldest brother wasn't with them, therefore things would go smoothly. Moreover, the monkeys were getting violent and I didn't want to accidentally get pelted with a rock.

"Sure."

We entered the magnificent building with beautiful interior design. The small chandeliers lit up the main room where oldies sat on benches listening to the preacher. I took the guys towards the other rooms. They admired the architecture and took selfies. In some of them, they dragged me in and dealt with my continuous indifferent expressions.

Bored, I led them to the "fun" room.

It was behind the statue of Jesus and held a small microphone.

"What's this room?" Arnav wondered.

"To make announcements, confessions, and hang out with," I told him.

Krishna slid the on button of the mic and tapped on the device front, earning a small thump noise. The three of us blinked at each other. I could tell from the mischievous expressions what they were planning. Out of the numerous options we could pick from, we decided to choose the worst one.

We could land in heaps of trouble.

"Tattad tattad tattad," Arnav said on the mic. The entire Church could hear us. Krishna and I refrained from laughing out loud. The tattad tattad tattad sound was just for effect. "The Lord's finally here to listen to your wishes. One by one, please come up to the front and tell Him what your one wish is." Krishna and I rolled our eyes. "Over to the Lord and his assistant."

Arnav pushed us to handle things.

"Tattad tattad tattad, the Lord is here," said Krishna, mustering a deep, formal voice. "Tell us your name and one reasonable wish."

These brothers were insane.

Arnav pulled out his phone to "make the wish list."

Because of their unselfish intentions, I didn't put forth a stop to this. We waited for a little bit when our first "worshipper" came. Technically, the person was on the other side of the wall, but we could hear her clearly.

"My name's Lola. My wish is to go on a boat ride here in one of the state's lakes."

How small and sweet.

"Done. Next," Krishna said curtly. I gave him a sharp look and he quickly rephrased, "Your wish is taken into consideration. Next person, please."

"Hello, I'm Sunita Chawla. My wish is to have my husband take an hour-long bubble bath soon." I clapped a hand over my mouth to muffle my laughter. Mr. Chawla's hygiene was definitely an issue. Only his wife could address it . . . publicly.