Epilogue Part 2: Love is a Beautiful Thing

(Since everyone wanted an extended ending I decided, what the heck? I'll make one! So I did. Here is the ending you've all been waiting for, happily ever after style. Thank you to those who commented and are still reading this story even despite the gaps in updating, I appreciate the feedback, and make sure to always watch out for my next phantom story! Love you all, and for the last time, enjoy!)
⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀
There was something beautiful in silence that made it so desirable. Perhaps it was because it was so fragile, able to be shattered with even the smallest of sounds. Or perhaps it was because it was a rarity, as silence could never truly be achieved once man inhabited the Earth.

Yet as grand as silence was, it wasn't perfect, and it certainly wasn't desirable to the couple whom sat together at the base of an oak tree, wrapped contently in each other's arms. They listened to the beating of the other's heart, the steady breathing as their chest's heaved, the birds that sang they happiness both shared.

It was a beautiful thing, to be able to love as much as they did, to not care for anything but the other so much that even breathing became second hand to their passions.

"Who would have thought, the beauty and her beast..." Erik whispered into Aria's hair, his lips grazing her scalp in an affectionate manner as she sat up a bit in his embrace, wiggling to the position so both were face to face.

Aria smiled softly, enjoying his overwhelming scent as she played with the collar of his open, white shirt. "I'm thinking the same thing my beauty."

Erik narrowed his eyes playfully at her, drinking in her, all of her, like she was a drug that was his own private addiction. "Hm, you are the beauty in my eyes love, the only thing I've ever truly cared about in this world, so dull it would be without you here."

"We both see different things, I see a handsome man, all mine, and you see a monster." She cupped his cheek in her hand, kissing his nose softly before resting her forehead upon his. "It doesn't matter, we have each other, that's all that ever will matter."

Erik smiled lazily, drunk on the beauty he held in his arms, tightly, protectively-- almost as if he was scared she would disappear if he didn't hold her tight enough. "How did I ever get you, mon amour. You are otherworldly in your beauty."

Aria chuckled, her finger tracing down his jaw as she snuggles closer to his chest, basking in the warmth that came from it. "On the contrary, I must ask how you got stuck with me."

"If I could, I would be stuck with you a million times over again, I would never replace what we have." He tugged on a strand of her loose hair, wrapping his finger around the ringlet as he studied her face for the umpteenth time in his life, trying to engrave her face into his memory so even as he slept he would not be from her.

"Not even for a child?"

Erik frowned but never stopped his ministrations on her hair, they had tried many times for a child despite his initial reluctance, but now that he saw what they could make in their passion, the love they shared, he knew even if the child was deformed it would still be gorgeous. It would be something they made through love, and nothing was more pure than that. "You know I shall never regret being with you, even if it means we can not make children. My love will never wane for you despite that."

Aria looked at him over her eyelashes, her voice barely above a whisper. "And what if I am with child? What then?"
Erik's brow furrowed, but he managed to answer clearly. "Then I would be the happiest man alive."

Aria smiled, took Erik's lanky hand, and placed it over her stomach. "Be happy then my love, be the happiest man on earth, for I am with child."
It took a moment for realization to dawn in his eyes, but when it did, he stood and brought Aria to her feet with him. He whisked her into his arms and swung her in a circle, so perfect the moment was, it could have been taken straight from a book. "With child? With child! Oh mon amour! I could never be happier! How many? Oh don't tell me! Oh my love!" He peppered kisses all on her face, the giggles and smiles shared between the couple so real, so pure it seemed something straight from a fairytale.

"I love you, Erik, I love you, and we are going to start a family. Together."

Their faces nuzzled together as he held her close, his grip never faltering on her. "Together."

Love, they both realized, doesn't have to be perfect, like silence, love can never be perfect. But it's beautiful with all its imperfections, but most of all, it's true. And that's all it ever needs to be.