Chapter 15

~*~

The platinum-blonde looked outside. Her eyes had grown dull. She'd gone back to locking herself back in her room, ever since she saw Zeref being killed the the six murderers. She was afraid. What if they'll kill her? They'll kill each other? Themselves?

Lucy shook her head at the thought. The four cats didn't come and visit today. What bad luck. She thought. The time she needed the four kittens' love and soft purring the most--they're gone. Her mind still pondered at what Zeref was supposed to say about the third stage. She looked down at the pitiful bodies that the dragon's must've killed and just tossed away, at the bottom, under her balcony. She grimaced. How many people did they kill? She pondered. She shook her head. She headed back inside her room and plopped onto the bed. (A/N: The maids and butlers took the bodies out, and replaced it with a bed) She looked up at the ceiling. Is this my fate? To stay here with six murderers?

After Lucy saw the death of Zeref Dragneel; the six dragons brought her back to the palace. She's been staying inside for the past three days, while Virgo, Capricorn, or Taurus brought her her daily meal.

Lucy shot up, seeing a blinding light come into play. The light flashed before her; then faded away, replaced by a dark-haired man with a black robe, and white sash. Lucy's eyes widened.

"Z-Zeref ?" She muttered. Bringing her hands close to her mouth. Tears of guilt flowed out. Dripping down to her toes.

"Greetings, Lucy." He smiled warmly at her. Lucy got up and ran to him, embracing him, but stumbled forward, gasping seeing her hands going through Zeref's body. Zeref's smile faltered. "Sorry, Lucy. You can't touch me."

"W-What? Why? But, you're here! You didn't die really, right!?" Lucy asked hysterically.

"Lucy, sit down." Zeref demanded. Lucy felt as if she'll be told something she doesn't want to know. She sat down on the edge of the bed. Looking up at Zeref.

"Zeref, I'm sorry. I'm the cause of your death, the reason why Natsu hates you more than he already did. I'm sorry." She started sobbing. Zeref knelt down. Looking at the blonde's face. Wanting to rub soothing circles, but alas, he doesn't have the power to touch anyone.

"Hush, Lucy. Stay strong. I need to tell you everything. I don't have much time." Zeref said sadly.

"W-What do you mean. . . ?" Lucy asked. Gripping the hem of her dress.

"Lucy, as you just saw. You can't touch me; I am just the last fragment of my spirit. I am like a hologram. I have a time limit. So, I will do my best to tell you everything fast. Please, bear with me.

"I'm using as much of the power I saved before I was killed by the six, so, that's why I'm only a hologram. I'll explain the dragon mating shit again," Zeref said. Making both him and Lucy chuckle a bit.

"Stage One: They'll start to grow more clingy, flirty, and protective of you. Those six were just getting to this stage, but it seems they're more complicated. More. . advanced. When they killed me. I could see the worry and protectiveness in their eyes for you.

Stage Two: They'll basically stalk you. When you're not there, they would fight with each other over you. They'll act as if you're their mate. Even though you aren't. Yet. I suppose.

Stage Three: They'll do anything to make you theirs. They'll kill anyone that make them jealous in the slightest bit. They'll be in the most dangerous stage. The only way for you escape from them, is to go back to the human realm. Where they aren't able to trace you nor retrieve you. That's something only they have the power of. Unless, you can persuade them, good luck.

"Anyways, at stage three; they would most likely bite you to keep you away, like marking their territory. That's all I could tell you. There is probably a book about it. I advise you to check it out. Please do hurry, the protection spell is wearing out. You have about two days left, before those six can start touching you and may do harm on you." He smiled.

"How can you smile at me? Why do you want to help me; I'm the cause of your death!" She exclaimed.

"Because, I do not hate you. I see you as a very strong woman who needs to be kept alive. You are a princess. Your realm will soon need you to rule over the country. But, a question has been lingering in my mind ever since.

"How could you trust me? How could you trust the one who abducted you and was about to sell you to an old pervert?"

Lucy let out a small chuckled. "Because I trust you. Of course, I was scared of you. To be honest. But, you showed your good intentions." She smiled.

"Lucy? Who are you talkin' to?" Lucy heard Laxus say from the other side of the door. Other voices as well, she suspected them to be the other five dragons.

"The time has come; I must now leave. Thank you for everything, Lucy. I wish you luck." Zeref smiled warmly at her.

"Thank you as well, Zeref. I will be forever in your debt. Even when I see you in the next life. Thank you." Lucy smiled. Wiping a bit of stray tears. For a moment she felt the warmth of the man. Zeref lifted his hand, and placed it on the blonde's head.

"Lucy?! Open the door!" Rogue demanded.

"Farewell, princess." Zeref said. Slowly, he started fading into black bits of shiny stones. Now, Zeref was forever gone. Lucy smiled. Happy that she had made a friend.

I won't put his work into vein! She mentally said. Hoping that Cobra didn't hear her thought.

"LUCY!" The blonde whipped her head back, to see the door on the ground, and the dragons' eyes lit up with green. They snapped their heads left and right. "Who was in here with you?" Cobra growled.

"No one. Is it wrong to speak out loud?" Lucy felt a bit scared. But stood her ground. Trying to bring that attitude she would always show to them.

"I sense fear." Rogue pointed out. Lucy cussed under her breath, inaudible to the six creatures.

"Why would I be scared? It's only you six." She said smugly. Natsu approached her. A smirk crawling up to his lips.

"You can't fool us, Luce. Tell us; what are you so afraid of to make you shiver. Do you need us to protect you day in, day out? Are you shivering because you're cold? Do want some heat? Are you having nightmares? Want me to sleep with you to make those nightmares go away?" (A/N: NALU FANS! I DEMAND YOU TO SQUEAL! DARK NATSU! YAHAHAA!!)

Lucy gritted her teeth. "Shut it, pinky." She glared.

"Geez, okay." Natsu raised his hands mid-way, in a posture to show surrender. Backing up.

"Lucy, mind telling us what's happening?" Gajeel asked.

"Nothing's the matter. I'm just going to the library to help me fall sleep." Lucy said. Running through the six dragons, then heading to the said place. I don't have any time to lose. She thought.

The six dragons looked at each other.

"What's her problem?" Sting asked. Putting his hands behind his head.

"Do you think she's still a bit traumatized by Zeref's death?" Laxus pointed out.

"No. . . ," Rogue paused. "Maybe she somehow found out about 'that'."

"But, how would she know?" Cobra pondered. "Books?"

"Zeref." Natsu's temperature rose. Sting turned to the bubblegum-hair.

"Oh, and by the way, Natsu. If I were you; I'd keep those dirty jokes to myself." Sting glared at the pinkette. Natsu gave the same level of the deathly scowl as the blond gave him.

~*~

FINALLY! I UPDATED! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!  HEHE. THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1.35 K READS AD 118 VOTES!

SEE YOU GUYS TILL THE NEXT CHAPPY!

J-JA NE~~

Brought to you by my fave cookie: JungKookie