Chapter 17

~*~

The platinum-blonde stayed inside her room. It was her last day, before the protection spell vanishes. She's been spending most of her time in the library--and if she wasn't there--she would be in her room. All locked up and reading the book. Trying to find some information. She would look in the library when everyone was asleep, and search for a book that would help her escape the dragon realm.

"NOTHING AT ALL!" She groaned. Throwing the book on the ground. Huffing. Then, an idea came to her head. What if I go out and look for answers there! She got up and grabbed the book. She grabbed her black cloak and left her room, the book left inside the drawer of the vanity. She went outside. To the corridor, sneaking through the living room.

"Where do you think you're going?" A voice bellowed. Lucy's breath fastened. She turned around, pursing her lips--the very six people she wants to see last--stood before her. 

"I'm going out." Lucy said bluntly. 

"No you aren't." Natsu's eyes started to shimmer. He was about to approach Lucy, but was stopped when Gajeel's arm came in front of him. "Metal face, move your arm." Natsu hissed. Gajeel glared at Natsu, making him be quiet. 

"Fine. Be back before the sun sets." Gajeel warned her. Lucy nodded, giving them strange looks. Are they actually going to let her go? She shook her head. Taking this as a chance. Totally forgetting the book.

Once Lucy was out of sight. Natsu glared at Gajeel. "Why the heck did you do that, metal brain!?" His eyes shimmered.

"Calm down, Natsu," Laxus hushed him. "He did that so we could check her room." Laxus started walking to the blonde's room. The others following behind. Laxus carefully opened her door. The scent of strawberries lingered around the room. 

"Strawberries. . ." Rogue muttered. He started to miss the blonde. Regretting letting the girl leave, and go where he can't see her. The girl's anklet had disappeared. And they have to wait for the blacksmith to forge another one.

"Start looking around." Laxus demanded. 

"For what?" Cobra asked flatly. 

"For a book." Gajeel said. The six tried to sniff for a book that would smell like their library. Sting trailed off to the girl's vanity. He opened it. 

"Found a book,"He yelled out to his team. "About us dragons, eh?" He chuckled. Opening the book, seeing the table of contents. 

"I can smell a bit of her scent on there," Natsu whispered. "Especially on this page." He said, flipping the pages 'til he saw a chapter entitled: "Dragon Mating Season".

"So, she does know." Gajeel narrowed his eyes at the page. 

"So, my guess is that your brother--Zeref--told Lucy about the little 'event', and now, she's doing her research outside." Rogue said. Grimacing. 

"So? What are we going to do?" Cobra asked. 

"We're going to take this book away. Then, this is the last time she'll be able to go out. Without us accompanying her." Laxus smirked a bit. 

"Capricorn." Sting called, a bit louder than usual.

"Yes, lord Eucliffe?" Capricorn came swiftly.

"I want you to take care of this book, and observe blondie. She has a protection spell on her, and we don't know how long it'll last. Tell us immediately when you find when the spell will vanish. Now, go." Sting waved him off airily. 

"Yes, lord Eucliffe. As you wish." Capricorn said nonchalantly. The butler did his mannerisms, before carrying on with his duties. 

"So, now what we do is act like nothing happened." Natsu said.

The platinum-blonde arrived back to the palace. Rushing to her bedroom. She locked the door behind her and took off her cloak. Immediately rushing to her vanity. Opening the drawer. 

"Where the fuck is it. . ?" Her eyes widened. She gulped. Searching for the book. "They couldn't have. Could they?" She realized. 

~*~

Guyz!! Sorry for the bad chapter. All of you wanted an update, so I tried to rush it. So....I promise next chapter: It'll probs get better. PROBS. JK. I DON'T PROMISE. HAHA

JA NE~~