A scare

I rub my sore and heavy eyes, "Only a fee more minutes," I murmur to myself as I pick up the molded metal to inspect it. Unfortunately Newvita set a power limit so I won't be able to make anything big or worthwhile, but hey I'm just glad to get my own space to tinker. I'd taken the chance to build a project I'd be yearning to create for ages, a HoverBot. Sure they're popular and you can get em cheap anywhere, but not with the modifications I plan, or the small size. I scratch away a few more flakes of metal from the sphere about the size of my palm, when I'm finished the sphere will be hollow and room the main electrical components and a thin slippery surface of my own invention. Did I mention I may be like, reinventing HoverBots? "Interesting concept." I jump as a voice sounds from next to me, Kai looks at me and grins glancing up from my blueprints. "You know, you could get the computer to hollow that out for you." He suggests as I go back to slowly scraping off metal flakes, I shake head. "I want to do it myself, I don't want it to be perfectly smooth." He shrugs and watches me curiously. I continue working trying and failing to ignore him, eventually giving up and looking at him. "Something you wanted?" He seems to hesitate for a few moments "You've been summoned by the Grand Elders for a meeting in three days..." He says hesitantly, I blink surprised. "Okay... Is it something bad?" His eyes flick away nervously, and he eventually shakes his head slowly. All to quickly he stands and leaves, I stare after him baffled. "Jeez, what was up with him?" I hear a muffled voice from the room, I turn eyes narrowed to the closet. "Shh! She'll hear!" Someone hisses. I sigh and stand in front of the closet, pressing my hand to the wall to get it open. Ash and Ara smile sheepishly, I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow. "Well... We can explain!" Ara says hurriedly
"Ara wanted to sneak in and see if you guys kissed!" Ash blurts out, earning a shove from Ara "W...wait you guys thing?! Me and him?!" My cheeks flush and I shake my head "No way! He's too old and an official." Ara smirks and looks to Ash as if to say 'I told you she liked him'. Suddenly w mischievous look flickers across Ara's face and she laughs almost evilly "Oh Alex. I've heard from one of my sources that he's only 19. And its totally obvious he's into you!" I bite back the urge to laugh, be 'source' is probably just asking Kai himself. I roll my eyes "Its not gonna happen Ara, besides even if I did like him he's an official remember!" Ara folds her arms stubbornly and her mouth moves, no audible words coming out her mouth. I feel a hot flush and the world spins slightly, I put a hand on my table to steady myself and take in a few shaky breaths. Ash and Ara exchange looks, speaking to each other then Ara hurries off. All of this I don't hear, my hearing to muffled to intake words. Black pulses at the edge of my vision as Ash tries to speak to me, I sway a little and Ash suddenly yanks me into a chair. I tilt my head back gratefully. Ara returns thundering down the stairs, I can hear it only faintly, Kai emerges from behind her and crosses the room in a few steps. A cool hand on my forehead, and some exchanged words, then I feel the gentle up and down motion as Kai carries me upstairs to my room. I let my eyes drift shut as I feel the soft mattress and shiver, so I draw the cover up further. My teeth chatter as I drift off into unconsciousness.

A bright light pierces my eyelids and I moan a little as my head pounds. With a ridiculous amount of energy I pry my eyelids open, I stay still for a few moments and slowly sit up. The room spins dangerously again, I put a hand on my forehead and settle back down. "I wouldn't try getting up yet." Kai says from the door. I put my arm over my eyes as he speaks."That fever did a number on you. It took quite a few hours to break even though we'd administered Antiflu." I give one small nod, not overly bothered to speak. "Also..." There's a hint of amusement in my voice, making me remove my hand and look at him "Your friend is rather forward." I almost groan, Ara has been talking to him and evidently she made it obvious. I glance at him, waiting for him to continue speaking because I sure as hell ain't. He chuckles, "I can assume she's not going to leave me or you alone till she's satisfied?" I chuckle, he's got that one right. I shrug, "That's Ara for you, once she gets an idea like this stuck in her head she won't stop till she gets what she wants." I glance at the time and almost bolt up, of course pinned down by my illness brought exhaustion. "I've gotta continue with my bot!" Kai chuckles and tosses something onto the bed next to me, I pick it up surprised to find my sphere hollowed out with the intended secret compartment I side, I look surprised at Kai. My blueprints had been well encripted so how did he know? Kai just grins "How about we make Ara happy then?" He asks as he walks out of the room. I gape d..did he just ask me on a date?! I hear a triumphant shout and laugh, of course she was listening over.