Chapter 14

Natalie's POV

I switched the light on and observed the view in front of me.

There is a mattress laid in the corner. Few books were organized and placed in the rack. Few boxes were laid in the wooden floor. There is a small room at the corner. I opened it and it is the bathroom. There's a bottle of shampoo, soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes in the cabinet. Over-all, the attic didn't look bad at all.

I've had worse than this and this is nothing compared to my room in our house.

I saw a note in the top of the boxes and read it.

Natalie,

Inside the box is my old clothes. Don't worry about thanking me. Just go take a rest. I know you are still tired. Just call me when you need help.

April

I smiled at the note for me. At least someone cared to lend me some clothes.

- - -

I took a shower and changed my stinky clothes to fresh ones that April lend me. I feel fresh and comfortable enough to sleep. I laid in the mattress and feel the softness of the mattress beneath me. It's been forever since I lay down in a mattress like this. So comfortable.
I think about the the changes that is happening in my life right now. It made me smile that I am away of Robert, for now.

But what I've been thinking so much is that Chase made a lot of changes. He's really moved on. But maybe not.

So many things running in my head that eventually made me sleep.

- - -

Jerry's POV

I am mad, no, furious at Chase when April told me that Chase made Natalie stay, in the attic.

We have so many guestroom in this mansion and Chase didn't even thought about making her stay in the guestroom but instead he made her stay in the small, hot attic. How dare him.

I busted in his office and glared at him before speaking up.

"Why the hell did you let Natalie stay in the freaking attic?"

He looked at me with his cold eyes.

"Because she deserve it"

"She was injured Chase, injured. And why the hell did you think that she deserve to stay in the attic?"

"She WAS, means past tense. And because she hurt me, and now it's my time to hurt her." He didn't even batted an eye saying those words.

"Still not over about that? Chase, how can you be so sure that she really did it? And how can say those words as if you didn't loved her?"

"Love? She cheated on me. She broke me. She is just a gold-digging whore" As soon as his word escaped in his mouth, anger filled me and I grabbed him by his collar.

"Don't you dare call her a gold digging whore. She didn't even accept the ring you gave her way back. Even how much effort we allot persuading her. She even hesitated accepting your offer to dine with you in a fancy restaurant. She didn't even accept any money from you. She only accepted your love for her because that is the most important thing for her. Your love. And now you are calling her a gold-digger? Think about it." I let go of his collar and walk to the door.

"The next time your opening your mouth, think first before you speak, because you are getting blind of your anger and you didn't even realize what she had done for you all those years you are together." And with that, I left him with his self to reflect.