Chapter 2: We've Got Innocence for Days

Chapter title from "House of Wolves" by My Chemical Romance

***

Harry's love filled stupor lasts for the rest of the day.

"It's happened guys, it's finally happened," Harry practically sings as he skips over to his group of friends, crowded around their lockers.

"Oh god, what's happened?" Niall asks as he pulls his history textbook from his locker.

"I have a boyfriend now," Harry proudly giggles into his palms. Niall nearly hits his head against his locker door he turns around so fast and Liam's eyes could've popped out of his head. After a considerable amount of time has passed Niall gets himself together enough to pull Harry into a bro hug.

"Alright!" Niall cheers, clapping the love sick boy on the back.

"Who is it?" Liam asks joining the hug, just as proud of his friend. Neither of them had expected this day would ever come, always picturing Harry to be single forever; not lonely, necessarily, just the single, naive, happy, and virginal Harry Styles they'd known their whole friendship. But now that this day had come and the shock had worn off, they were ecstatic.

"Louis Tomlinson." Harry sighs, dreamily, as an answer. Just the mention of the younger gives him chills. Today is truly a beautiful day.

A beat passes before both friends are pulling away from the hug with varying levels of disappointment. They knew it was too good to be true.

"Harry," Liam says carefully, "How many times do we need to tell you..."

"-You have to get over him man-" Niall interrupts.

"-It's okay to have a crush, but that's all this is."

Harry ignores his friends, leaning his back against the lockers with a dreamy sigh. "He's just so beautiful you guys." Niall laughs and Liam gives the delusional boy a concerned look. "Everything about him is so...perfect... It hurts to think about him for too long, but I can't stop either..."

"Right..."

"And he asked me out, to the library," Harry has to hold back tears as he recalls.

"Harry, honey, what are you talking about?" Liam asks, knowing at this point to take whatever Harry says about Louis with a grain of salt.

"Ms. Titler assigned him as my partner." That makes more sense, Liam thinks, patting Harry on the shoulder and pondering a way to bring Harry back to reality without hurting his feelings.

"That's not a date mate," Niall laughs.

"Well, not yet anyway," Harry says pulling himself from the locker to stand proudly before his friends, "But it will be, we have to work together outside of school. We've already made plans."

"That's great Harry, it really is, just... Don't get your hopes up too high, alright? You know how Louis can be."

"Perfect?"

***

"Mate, honestly, it's not that big of a deal."

Louis scoffs, offended. "Easy for you to say, you're not grouped with a loser who's been drooling over you since he first learned how his dick worked."

"Why are you always so dramatic?"

"Why are you always so emotionless and boring?"

Honestly, Louis doesn't even know why he's friends with Zayn sometimes. He's so disinterested in everything Louis has to say. Even when he's in clear hysteria and hurt.