Chapter Two

I nodded, slowly removing the man's knife from my neck.

"Yeah, I am. Two questions. One, how do you know my name? Two, who are you?" I asked him.

I must say, his eyes and whole face were rather beautiful.

"Do you know, remember?" He murmured. "Hell, me and you, everything we went through?"

I shifted guiltily on Bobby's dusty carpet. Castiel just so happened to barge in at that moment.

"Cas?" The man said in surprise.

He nodded, his eyes shifting between us, his eyebrows crinkling together and a look of worry spread across his face.

"Dean..." He muttered. "No, this shouldn't have happened."

I wheeled around to face the green-eyed mumbler.

"You're Dean?"

He nodded, smiling a little.

"So you do remember who I am?"

"Not in the slightest, all I remember is the name."

Meanwhile, Castiel was pacing the entryway. Dean grabbed my arm and cut it, poured salt on me, then holy water.

"Jesus, do you really need to cut that deep?" I said in annoyance.

Dean ripped the sleeve from his shirt off, and bandaged my wound gently. I could tell something was up between us.

"Sorry." He said gruffly.

I slowly took my arm away and gave him a nervous, yet reassuring smile.

"It's okay." I said quietly.

Castiel was grabbing at his hair and walking up and down the hallway. He ran into me, throwing my body off balance.

"Woah there." Dean said, steadying me.

His hands were warm, strong and firm. This probably sounds cliche, but it really did send tingles through my arm.

Something was definitely up between us.

Dean gave me a small smile, and an extremely tall man walked into the hall, his long hair disheveled and a confused expression on his face. He looked a little fed up.

"Hi." I said awkwardly.

Dean's hand were still on my arms, his thumbs moving up and down my arms, Castiel was pacing and I probably looked very disgusting, given I just vomited ten minutes again.

"R-Riley?" The man said incredulously.

I sighed. Another man who knows me and I don't know them.

"This is Sammy." Dean introduced me.

I nodded at Sammy.

"Why don't... Oh." He said quietly.

"Sam too." Castiel sighed. "I guess I have to explain everything to you now, Riley."

We all sat down in the parlor/office and Castiel stood. He explained everything about my past and connections to the Winchesters.

"I saved you from Hell." He said blandly. "Another angel erased your memories of Dean. And attempted to erase Dean's Hell memories of you, but it backfired. All I did was break something down in his mind. And now you're here, nothing I can ever do will erase the memories of you."

"But what about Sammy?" I asked quietly. "How does he know who I am?"

Castiel sighed, staring at Sam with his teeth gritted.

"When Dean started talking about you, a girl he had never heard of before, but he had apparently grown up with you, he brought Dean to me." Castiel explained.

Dean was staring at me, the look on his face made my heart melt. He looked so lost, so sad. It made me wish I knew him just so I could hold him until he smiled.

"I argued with Sam about you. But I was forced to give him his memories back."

I looked at Cas, pleadingly.

"Can you give me my memories back?" I asked, hoping the answer was good.

Castiel sighed again.

"No. I cannot. Only the angel who blocked your memories can give them back. Ezekiel was the angel who took yours, and he is set to not give them back." He said.

I slammed my fist down on the table in anger. That only made Dean look more sad, and more nostalgic.

"Sorry." I said quietly. "I just... I really want those memories back. You seem like great people, and I wan-need to know who you are, what you meant to me."

Sam rested his chin in his hands.

"Cas, what if we tell her everything, would that break down the wall?" He asked.

"I've already told her everything." Castiel said gruffly.

"Memories. Things we did." Sam explained.

Sam and Dean smiled at the same time.

"Like the time we 'borrowed' tricycles from the nearby home, and all rode them down the street together." Dean broke in.

"Or the time you stole a tub of ice cream from the temporary job you had for me and Dean." Sam smiled.

I looked at them, confused. Those all seem like things younger me would've done, but I just don't remember doing them. They both stared at me, the excitement diminishing from their eyes.

"This must be so weird for you, knowing that you and Dean used to be in a rel-" Sam fell quiet when he saw Dean's facial expression.

Silence ensued.

"So, where's Bobby?" I asked, trying to look bright.

"Bobby's away hunting at the moment." Dean explained, his voice tight with emotions.

He was restraining himself from saying something. I nodded and gave everyone a tight-lipped smile.

"Excuse me." I said quietly.

I left the room, my feet causing the old wooden floorboards to creak. I went to the washroom, locked the door and stared in the mirror.

"I'm so confused." I mumbled to myself.

After sitting in the washroom for a good 10 minutes, doing nothing but contemplating life, I left the washroom and went back to the parlour. Before I entered I heard my name. I hung back behind the door frame.

"Cas, you gotta get her memories back. You have to." Said Dean in a breaking voice. "I-I love her."

My heart pounded in my chest. Slow down there buddy, I've only just met you! I mean, you've met me, but I haven't met you...

"I'm trying my hardest, Dean." Cas said in an attempt at a reassuring voice.

I waited five minutes in silence, then entered. I smiled at everyone. I sat on the couch in between Sam and Dean, Castiel still standing. The quiet was thick with awkwardness and the smell of mildew.

"So, what's for dinner?" I said quietly.

Sam and Dean looked at each other.

"There's a good burger place a few miles ahead?" Sam and Dean suggested at the same time.

"Sounds good." Anything to escape the awkwardness.

The car ride was even more awkward.

The only thing filling the silence were Dean's ACDC cassettes, which sounded grainy, choppy, and sometimes skipped parts. But at least it kept us from making awkward conversation.

The Impala stopped suddenly, and backed up.

"Do you have FBI badges on you?" Dean asked me suddenly, turning back to look at me.

I patted my pockets. "Uh, yeah. Why?"

Dean gave me a gorgeous smile, the melancholic look never leaving his eyes once.

"I think I've found us a job."