Chapter 1

2 2  ᴍ ᴏ ɴ ᴛ ʜ s  ᴀ ɢ ᴏ

   The wind picked up making store banners and flags wrap around the silver poles that secure them to the buildings.  My pale fingers hooked hair behind my ear as I opened up the glass door.  A soft bell rung throughout the still shop.  The vintage clock hung on the gray wall filled my ears as I clocked in.  I threw my trench coat over the wooden chair and took a seat on the stool, waiting for customers.  Ten minutes passed and no one walked in yet, I got off the chair and started stacking blow motor resistors on the towering shelves.

   Cars have always interested me.  '69 Roadrunner is my favourite.  Don't worry, I'm not one of those "hipsters" walking around with high wasted shorts and crop tops with fazes of the moon on them.  I prefer casual clothes.  I stacked the boxes as high as I could reach before walking to the back of the shop and opening up the garage door.  The black car was up on the lift, my eyebrows furrowed together as the words 'We da badest' were carved into the passenger door.  I lowered the car to the ground; first checking the oil before starting on the new paint.  The brown liquid filled into its designated space.

    "Hello?"  A voice called out after the bell stopped ringing.

  "In the back, I'll be there in a second!"  I replied.  My hair flew around when the bonnet was slammed shut.  I used the back of my hand to get it out of my way, only leaving an oil mark behind on my right temple.  I grabbed a white rag wiping my hands on it, throwing it over my shoulder as I stepped into the main part of the car shop.

  "What can I help you with?"  I asked, walking around the counter.

    "I need a new tire."  The boy said with a deep voice.

  "Okay, just drive your car around to the back and I'll do the work."  I told the boy, finally looking up at him.  He gave me a nod and walked outside.  I waved him forward so his car was behind the black one.  Once he was out I got out the jack hammer and a lug wrench.  I bit my lip in concentration, working on the bolts.

    "So, uh, you work here alone?"  He asked trying to make conversation.

   I turned my head to him with a small smile, "No, well today I do, co-worker called in sick."

    "That's always fun."  He laughed sarcastically.

  "Not exactly how I planned my Friday, but what can you do?"  I shrugged.  Silence filled the air as I finished working on the car.  I slide the jack hammer to the side, standing up and facing him.

  "Follow me."  I said waving him over my shoulder.  He handed me over the money which I placed neatly in the register drawer.  The loud receipt machine sounded like nails on a chalkboard.  Goosebumps scattered down my arms.

    "What's your name by the way?"  The tall boy asks.

  "What's yours?"  I question back.

    "I asked first."  He chuckled raising an eyebrow.

  "And?"  I smirked.

    "I'm Luke."  He finally said. 

  "Nice name you got there Luke."  I told him.

    "Thank you.  Now what's your name?"  He asked, dimples appearing as he smiled.

  "I'm Jacquelyn."  I grinned finally giving into him.

    "It was nice meeting you.  Oh and thanks for the car."  Luke said throwing his thumb over his shoulder to the car outside.

  "Nice meeting you too, and not a problem."  I replied.

    "Take care."  He smiled with a wave walking out the door.  I watched as he pulled down a pair of sunglasses and walked around to retrieve his car.  I sighed as the store became eerily quiet once more.  I pushed off the counter making myself spin on the spiny chair.  My eyes bolted open at a loud sound.  One of the shelves had fallen over in the back.

  "Really?"  I groaned.  How did it even fall over?  I buried my face in my hands sighing as I sat on the floor organizing everything once again.

A/N   I wasn't going to put this up for a few weeks but oh well!  Comment what you think?  Thanks(:  -B .xx