Chapter 2

22  ᴍ ᴏ ɴ ᴛ ʜ s  ᴀ ɴ ᴅ   28  ᴅ ᴀ ʏ s  ᴀ ɢ ᴏ

    My eyes were fixated on the smooth glossy cement floor, white swirls scattered around it.  The sound of the heavy machinery coming from the back making my head thump.  An older man with salt and pepper hair and tattoos climbing up his arm came in with another worker.  Money was exchanged and the man left leaving me with my co-worker, Dalton, who is a vexatious person.

     "Hey want to count the money?  Oh wait you can't you dropped out of school."  He sniggered trying to be funny.

     "I bet your parents are still mad.  I would be if my kid did.  I'd probably spank them, "  He said stopping to 'ponder' about his future, "Maybe I should spank you?"

  "You think you're sooo funny don't you?"  I asked flatly.

     "Come on babe I know I am, no one needs to tell me."  He says with a wink.

  "No you're not.  You're creepy and weird no wonder you live in your car."  I told him leaving the counter.

     "Aw baby don't leave me."  He smirked fixing his fringe.

  I bent over picking up a tennis ball and threw it at him, "It's your break anyway."

     "See you soon Jac."  He bent down whispering in my ear as he left the shop.  I rolled my eyes and started wandering around, bored.  Dalton's red van whipped around the corner speeding off to the end of the street.  I found the ball I threw at him and started tossing it against the cement wall as the door opened.  I kept a vigil eye on the back of the boys head as he walked down an aisle.  His gray tank top hanging loosely on his torso, skinny jeans wrapped around his legs, a beanie placed on the back of his head.  His eyes peered at me through a row of car fresheners.  The corners of his eyes crinkled up.

    "Remember me?"  He asked stepping out from hiding.

  "Yeah, Luke right?"  I asked.

    "Yep."  Luke said rubbing his arm.

  "So.  What brings you here?"  I question.

    "Oh, I just needed some uh, oil?"  He said stumbling over his words.

  I laughed before saying, "What really brought you here?"

    "I don't know.  I was just walking by and came in."  Luke shrugged.

  "Now that sounds real."  I smiled.

    "What's new?"  He asked as if we are long lost friends.

  "Well, I'm starving, I just broke a nail, and I got my period."  I state.

    "Okay okay okay.  Didn't need to know that last part."  He said eyes wide.

  "You asked what was new."  I said shrugging.

    "How old are you?"

  "Fifteen.  You?"  I ask.

    "Fifteen,"  Luke answered with a nod, "Do you go to school?"

  "I drop out about a month ago."  I told him, waiting for the insult to come like they always do.

    "Really?  Why is that?"  Luke asked raising an eyebrow.

  "I was just too overwhelmed with everything.  The work was arduous and it didn't help that the teachers didn't teach.  I had alot of friends but I still felt unhappy.  I noticed I would start getting angry over the simplest things like if someone walked in front of me or my friends didn't include me into a conversation.  I know it's stupid reason to leave when kids are actually suffering but, yeah, that's why I left."  I rambled picking at a strand of hair.

    "I'm sorry.  And that isn't a stupid reason."  He told me.  There was silence among us.  The words that were just said were floating through the air.

  "Not to jump topics, but if your fifteen, how did you drive the car here?"  I ask.

    "Shh."  He said putting a finger to his lips.

  "Oh my gosh,"  I laughed, "Good thing I think you are cool, otherwise I'd have to tell someone."

    "Phew."  He sighed wiping fake sweat off his forehead.  I rolled my head at the blonde boy, wondering if he is always like this.

    "Maybe one day we could possibly hang out when you're not busy?"  Luke asked after the laughing subsided.

  "Sounds good to me.  "  I grinned.

    "Cool, see you around."

  "I'll remember you asked."  I warned jokingly as he said goodbye again.  As Luke stepped outside the register started opening and closing. 

  "It's like he is a curse or something."  I muttered to myself, slamming my hand down on the machine.

A/N  Hope you enjoy this.  Comment and vote.  Thanks(:  -B .xx