Chapter Four

Harry didn't need telling twice, and quickly grabbed Seamus, pulling him around the watch guy and his friends as the others followed, his heart pounding in his chest. Mr Watch glared at him, but settled for flipping him off and stalking away rather than having to deal with the police.

Pansy unabashedly hugged the Scottish guy and his friend who had come to their aid, and laughed as she kissed them both on their cheeks. "You guys rock!" she cried, skipping to catch up with Harry and the others.

Harry had to admit she was right. Seamus had seen enough through his drunken fog that he was now crying about the fight, apologising incoherently while Harry tried to sooth him. He swallowed down a lump of anger and hurt in his throat. He hated that people felt they had to right to talk to him like that, but he hated more that he couldn't stop it, couldn't protect his friends from it. He probably would have gotten violent if those Scots hadn't have stepped in, and he made mental note not to judge people based on their appearances ever again.

At least, he thought to himself, it didn't come to that. At least he had Ron by his side as always, and even Draco which just confused him. The blond had given him so many signals, but ducked away anytime Harry had got too close in the bar.

He decided not to worry about it now, Seamus was his priority right then. It was a big relief to get back to the hotel, and Harry wasted no time hauling a semi-conscious Seamus up to the room they were sharing and dropping into his bed, facing sideways with a empty bin by his bed as well as a glass of water. It was only when he went back out to make sure Ron and the others were okay in their rooms, did he realise that they'd lost Draco and his party.

He sighed, disappointed, but figured after all that drama maybe it was for the best. They might still see each other at breakfast after all, there was still hope.

He'd just wanted a kiss, he thought morosely as he brushed his teeth. He'd had a few holiday romances before, he wasn't expecting much. Alright, perhaps a shag, but he would have settled for a decent snog. Draco looked like he knew what to do with those pale, heart shaped lips.

Harry went to plug in his phone to charge, when he realised he had a text message. That was odd, they'd all agreed to avoid texting and stick to web-based messengers whilst they were on the hotel wifi. Maybe it was someone from home who'd forgotten he was away.

He unlocked the screen, and his heart jolted in his chest. The texter was labelled as 'Draco'. He quickly opened the message: When you can escape, meet me outside.

When. Not if, when, cheeky sod. And how had he managed to not only get Harry's phone off him, but also unlock it in order to program in his number? Maybe he was interested after all, Harry couldn't help but hope as he checked on Seamus one last time and slipped back out into the corridor, jogging down the stairs and heading for the lobby. Draco was leaning against the low wall outside, and smiled at Harry as he pushed out the front door of his hotel.

"Well," he said, his voice a little husky. "That was fun."

Harry came and stood in front of him, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Until we almost got bottled," Harry admitted. "Yeah, it was pretty fun actually."

Draco looked Harry over. "Are you okay?" he asked seriously. "He didn't hurt you did he?"

Harry barked out a loud laugh, probably a result of the dissipating adrenaline in his system. "Nah, I'm fine," he said, folding his arms across his chest. "I just...hate it, you know. We weren't bothering anyone."

Draco looked sympathetic. "I'm just glad you weren't hurt, you worried me, squaring up to that tosser like that."

"You're one to talk," Harry said, nudging him with his elbow. "Took you two seconds to jump in front of me."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Well I couldn't have you taking all the credit in front of my friends now, could I?" He joked, but then his face became more serious again. "I'm glad you're alright, I just wanted to check."

Harry wanted to ask if that's why he'd stolen his phone to give him his number, but he felt that would maybe spoil the magic by acknowledging it, so stayed quiet.

Draco licked his lips, his eyes dancing in the streetlight. "Thought maybe I'd walk down to the beach, if you wanted to join me?"