Chapter Five

Harry's heart skipped a beat, but he tried to shrug it off. "Sure," he said casually. "I'm still pretty buzzed."

Draco scoffed as they began walking the short route between hotels that would lead them to the beach. "Not drunk enough to pass out after almost being hospitalised like the rest?"

"No," Harry countered. "But drunk enough to go wandering off on a midnight stroll with a stranger." He arched an eyebrow at Draco, who gave him a wolfish smile back.

"Surely we're not strangers now?" he asked as they strolled. "We got our grooms home in one piece, that counts as some sort of bonding, right?"

Harry was sticking to his resolve to play it cool. "I don't know," he said, almost serious. "It don't think it counts until I get him back to London, there's still plenty of opportunities for him to find trouble yet."

"You're from London too?" Draco asked surprised, and Harry felt a thrill that his not-so-subtle hint had worked.

"Most of us," he said, delighted. "I am at least." His mind was already running away with him as the two of them talked about where exactly they were from, carrying on their walk until they reached the edge of the beach. It became less of a holiday romance if you lived and worked within half an hour of each other back home.

They stopped as the concrete turned to sand, looking out over the horizon. It was actually much later than Harry though, or earlier depending on what way you looked at it. Where the sky kissed the sea, a blur of purples and reds were melting into the dark, starry sky. Harry bit his lip, suddenly nervous. It was beautiful and Draco was beautiful, and here they were standing together in the quietness that seemed deafening compared to the onslaught of the bar's sound system not an hour earlier. Only the lapping of the waves broke through the silence, and he snuck a look at Draco.

His heart lurched as he realised Draco was already looking at him, and snapped his gaze back down, hearing Draco snigger. "Come on," he said, and began yanking his shoes and socks off.

Harry didn't question, just followed suit, shoving his socks into his trainers and rolling up his jeans. Draco had already stepped onto the sand, so Harry did likewise, feeling it cool and soft between his toes. Fishing boats bobbed in the distance, and Harry could taste the salt in the air as they got closer and closer to the waves.

Draco suddenly chucked his shoes to the ground and hopped the last few strides into the surf, whooping like a child as he splashed into the gentle waves. "Come on Harry!" he cried, grinning wickedly, kicking up water. "Let's wash some of that sambuca off you!"

Harry's stomach dipped, but he wouldn't let any doubt show on his face. Instead he grabbed Draco's shoes and dropped both pairs a safe distance from the lapping water, before slowly walking over.

The sea felt delicious on his skin, and he bent down to pull his jeans up higher so they wouldn't get wet. When he stood again, Draco's face was in front of his own.

"Finally," he murmured, and seized either side of Harry's head, pulling him in to a deep and fervent kiss. Harry melted immediately, grabbing hungrily for Draco's white blond hair, loving it was a soft to the touch as it looked, massaging Draco's tongue with his own as their lips ground down, a moan thrumming up his throat and into their mouths.

The moment stretched out, until Harry suddenly pulled back. "What do you mean, finally?" he scolded, feeling dangerously playful. "I've basically been trying to snog you since you tipped my drinks order down me!"

Draco dropped his head and looked at Harry like he was his prey. "Really," he said, his voice low. "You wanted our first kiss so be in that sweatbox, surrounded by our wasted mates, slipping in beer, rather than on the beach, all alone with the sunrise?"