Chapter 7

(Valerio's POV)

   After I left Nariah's office I went to one of my hoes house. I know your like "but aren't you trying to get with Nariah?". Yes but I also have needs to wear I cant just wait around like 10 years for her. I got out of my car and went to knock on Natasha's door. She opened the door with an attitude.

"What do you want Valerio?" She leaned on the door.

"Watch the attitude and you know exactly what I'm here for." I push past her into the house.

"No Valerio I'm not going to keep doing this with you." She threw her hands up. "I'm tired of feeling like a fuck and duck to you. I also feel like a prostitute." I shrugged at her.

"Well your allowing yourself to feel like that but enough chit chat lets get to work."

  Then she got down to business.

(Nariah's POV)

I just sat there looking at him not saying anything. There was nothing I could say.

"Nariah please talk to me." He pleaded.

"I honestly don't have anything to say to you Johnny." I shook my head. I went over to the desk to grab his charts. "So everything looks fine on you its just that with that bad knee you need to stop doing heavy lifting for about a week or so. If it every starts hurting again then just take your medicine and you will be fine Mr.Castrow." I signed his charts and give it to him and get ready to walk out.

"Come on Nariah I'm sorry for what I did there is no excuse but I'm really sorry, if I could take it back I would and don't call me Mr.Castrow." He grabbed my arm.

"This is my job Johnny I can't bring my personal life into it." I turn around to face him. He doesn't look any different than last time.

"Well you know what here," He gave me his number. "I want to meet up with you after your done at work to go out to lunch."

"I don't-"

"Please just say yes. You at least deserve to know why I did what I did to you." He walked closer to me.

"Alright fine." I turn and leave.

"You wont regret it Riah."

   Him calling me that nickname brought back some memories. I just need to get this lunch over with.

2 hours later

I was getting ready to go out to lunch with Johnny. As I was walking outside I seen him leaning up again a white and black BMW. Well he still has class I guess. His whole attire changed, he now has on a white suit.

"I'm really glad you agreed to this lunch." He smiled.

"Well if I didn't you want going to leave me alone about it." I stated.

"Well I'm glad you didn't forget my ways." I laughed.

It was silent on the way to the restaurant for a couple of minutes.

"Look Riah I know it's kind of awkward but I want to explain everything so you won't hate me." He took my hand.

"I don't hate you Johnny I could never hate you but there is honestly no excuse for why you treated me like that." I squeezed his hand.

"I know, I know but I'm still going to explain what happened to me though." He took a deep breath. "That night you caught me with your bestfriend I didn't want to do it but she threatened me and you both and the only way she wouldn't go through with it was if I slept with her. I didn't know that you were going over there that day. I wanted to tell you what she doing but she told me that she would kill you. We all knew that she was mentally unstable. So I tried to keep you safe. I honestly couldn't bare to see you hurt especially if it was something I could've prevented. Then when we started to get into fights, she told me that I needed to break you or she would kill me and you."

I shook my head. I've always known that Sherry wasn't right in the head but I had no idea she would go this far. There were times where I would catch her looking at Johnny with this strange look and he would shift uncomfortable. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't notice it before.

As I was about to say something the door bell in the restaurant went off and I looked up. I see Valerio with a very pretty girl. No, I didn't get jealous because I really didn't care. We are not together. I just continued my conversation with Johnny.

"Listen, Riah you don't have to say anything ok because I know I fucked up on my part but I just wanted to let you know that I was trying to protect you." He holds my hands.

"I know John. And I thank you for that, seriously." I smile softly.

  We continued our lunch until we heard someone clearing their throat next to us. Of course it was Valerio with the woman right by him.

"Hey Nariah it's a surprise seeing you here." He says while looking at Johnny.

"Uh yea I just decided to get some lunch with...a old friend." I see Johnny smile out the corner of my eye.

"Oh well does your old friend have a name?" He leans up against the booth.

"None of your business that's for sure." I cross my arms.

"Oh yes it is tesoro." He glares at me.

"No it's not, now if you will excuse us we would like to continue our lunch without being harassed." I turned back around in my seat.

   After that they didn't bother us but they sure as hell made themselves known by sitting in the booth right behind us. I tried to have a decent conversation with Johnny but all I heard was obnoxious laughing and giggling. It was honestly started to piss me off.

"Excuse me for a second Johnny I have to use the restroom."

   I got up from the table and walk to the back. As I was at the door a hand reached out and grabbed me. I turned around and socked whoever it was in the face. It was Valerio.

"Ow merda cosa succede in cazzo l'hai fatto?!" He whispered-yelled in pain. (Ow what in the fuck was that for?)

"What did you say?"

"Nothing never fucking mind Nariah." He held his eye. "Why are you here with him?"

"Again, that is none of your business Valerio."

"It is my business cause you are my damn business."

"How do you figure? We've only known each other for about a month." I crossed my arms. "Therefore I am not your business, now have a good day with your date."

I walked off.