ColdANGEL - 2010 Screenplay

FADE IN:

EXT. CEMETERY -- DAY

A cold wind blows. MALAKAI ELLIOTS: young, black - wearing a long dark coat, stands over a tombstone. There's a piece of paper in his hand.

MALAKAI (V.O.)

Statues. Frozen images. Symbols of protection; liberation, conquest. Icons standing upon burning chariots promising to provide light to those lost in darkness.

His face is full of hurt, pain and anger, but without tears.

MALAKAI (V.O.)

Ready to smite those who challenge the power of righteousness. However, statues are still; trapped between two timelines, two worlds. Struggling to fit with contemporary society and struggling to take to heart that the time of their world has come to an end.

EXT. PARK -- DAY -- FLASHBACK

CECILIA: soft hair with caramel skin, lays in between Malakai's arms. They both walk across the grass, happy and solemn.

MALAKAI (V.O.)

Travellers from the past; present without any future.

They both sit down on a wooden bench.

MALAKAI

This is nice.

CECILIA

Yes. This is very nice.

She smiles.

MALAKAI

You know when you told me to move on?

CECILIA

Yeah.

MALAKAI

I think I'm ready. I've had enough of that street life I think I'm gonna go back to school.

CECILIA hugs him, tightly.

CECILIA

I'm so proud of you.

MALAKAI

But there's a few things I still need to do, like, my friends will always be my friends.

CECILIA

Baby, sometimes in life you just have to let go. Let go and you'll be able to move on. Trust me.

MALAKAI

I can't just forget about them...

CECILIA

You have to let go of everyone, baby. That's the only way you'll be able to go to the next stage of your life.

Malakai nods, taking out a bracelet. CECILIA's face glows, as he puts it on her wrist.

MALAKAI (V.O.)

I could feel the bracelet in my hand. Smooth... soft... it fit perfectly... kindly; brought that wonderful smile I like to your face.

EXT. CEMETERY -- DAY

Malakai feels the air in his hand.

MALAKAI (V.O.)

But now it's gone. You're gone. The anger and rage is indescribable.

He clenches his fist.

EXT. PARK -- DAY -- FLASHBACK

A dark figure, SAMUEL, stands afar.