Chapter 2: The secret council

I woke up the next morning, got out of bed and opened the doors to the porch of my room. The morning wind in my hair felt amazing. I went in my closet to find something to wear something nice for my father council meeting. I took out a white with blue designs on the top (picture on top). The dress came with a cape to add more color to the dress so I decided too wear that. I did my hair up in a small half ponytail on the top of my head but left a bit of the sides down. Then I made a braid with the small ponytail, I got shoes and went downstairs for breakfast.

Once I'm done, I go back to my room to finish getting ready. I put a necklace that my mother gave me before she went to battle against Sauron. It was her's when she was young and a princess. Then I put on a small crown that my 'dad' Lord Elrond gave me to welcome me into his family. It was very beautiful. Then I headed down towards were dad was holding his council meeting. I got there just in time because I saw him stand up to start his speech. I quickly sit down next to where he was sitting. I see Frodo, Gandalf, some Elves, some dwarfs and men.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old.  You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor.  Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction.  None can escape it.  You will unite or you will fall.  Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom... Bring forth the Ring, Frodo."

Frodo walks over to stone plinth.

"So it's true..." a man says while starting to stand up, "In a dream, I saw the Eastern sky grow dark, In the West a pale light lingered, A voice was crying, your doom is near at hand  Isildur's bane is found."

"Boromir!" Elrond says a bit mad.

As he says that the sky darkens and Gandalf beings to speak in Black Speech. Boromir jumps back. The sky lightens up again.

"Never before has anyone uttered words of that tongue here in Imladris." Elrond said at Gandalf mad.

"I do not ask your pardon Master Elrond for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West. The Ring is all together evil."

"Aye it is a gift! A gift tothe foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring ? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor kept theforces of Mordor at bey.  By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe.  Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy, letus use it against him." Boromir said to everyone.

"You cannot wield it.  None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master." Aragorn said.

"And what would a ranger knowof this matter ?" Boromir said.

A blond elf stands up and says, "This is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn son of Arathorn You owe him your allegiance."

"Aragorn! This.. is Isildur'sheir."

"And heir to the throne of Gondor."

"Hama ndu, Legolas. (Sit down)" Aragorn said in elvish.

The meeting goes on. I sit their quiet as a mouse. Then their is a big argument between Legolas, Gimli and everybody else. Frodo stands up and says:

"I will take it..." nobody hears him, "I will take it!" he said a bit louder this time. People stop arguing. "I will take the Ring to Mordor! Tho, I do not know the way."

"I will help you bear this burden Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear." Gandalf says while walking up to him and standing behind him.

Aragorn stands up and starts to walk towards Gandalf and Frodo, "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword!"

"And you have my bow!" Legolas says and stands with the rest.

"And my axe!" Gimli said and joined the others.

"You carry the fate of us all little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done." Boromir spoke while heading towards the others. I do not like Boromir much.

"Mr Frodo's not going anywhere without me." a voice said from behind the bushes. It was Sam.

"No indeed it is hardly possible to seperate you, even when he is summoned to a secret council and youare not!" Father said suprised.

"Wait! we're coming too!" Another voice said from behind the pillars, it was Merry and Pippin. Father looked very surprised now.

"You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission ...........quest ..........thing!" Pippin said.

"Well that rules you out Pip." Merry said to Pippin quietly.

"I'm going too!" I said standing up. Everyone looked shocked. I think they were laughing in their heads. I looked at them sirious. I looked at father, he nodded in approval. Then I walked up to the nine others and stood beside them.

"Ten companions... So be it!You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring!" Elrond spoke out.

"Great! Where are we going?" Pippin asked.

Everyone started to leave. Whoever was not in the fellowship were leaving Rivendell to head back to their home.

For me, an adventure just started.