Chapter Twenty Five

Hamdan's P.O.V.

My phone alarm dinged continously beneath my pillow and I pushed my hands under, pulled it out and swiped it 'off'. I rubbed the sleep off my eyes and checked the time.

8am. Wow I missed prayers! I actually wish Inayah was here so she would wake me up...

Someone knocked on my door and I told them to come in. It was Mum, she smiled and sat beside me on the bed and started stroking my hair. Our family have a habit of waking up early so it was quite normal for her to come in to my room at this sort of time.

"Did you have a good sleep?" She asked, hoping for a positive reply.

"Yeah, surprisingly." I laughed.

She laughed too and I gave her a hug. I wish life was back to normal and then we wouldn't have had to suffer all this. But this was meant to happen and I will make sure everyone is healthy and happy by the end of it.

By this time Rumena and Tauhid both came into the room too and we could hear my Dad's ear deafening snores in the other room. We all started giggling and had a family huddle. This was a moment I wanted to treasure and stay like this forever but we were rudely interrupted by my phone playing My House by FloRida. Yes, it was my latest ringtone. Sick tune.

I answered it and it was from the Hospital.

"Hello, I am calling from the Royal City Hospital. I assume this is Mr Kuraish?"

"Yes, I'm speaking." I said in an anxious tone.

"You are urgently needed here right now. We cannot proceed with the operation as the fee has not been paid. If it is not given by midday then the operation cant start let alone finish and you know what the consequences are."

She waited for a reply. I was extremely shocked and confused. Last night I had paid via card to the hospital.

"There must be a mistake. I paid the fee yesterday."

"Sir. Our data is checked and correct. Please just come to the hospital." She said in an annoyed tone.

I refrained from complaining and cut the line.

As I put my phone down in frustration I noticed everyone's eyes' were on me.

"What happened?" Rumena asked.

"Apparently I didn't pay the fee for Inayah's operation."

Everyone looked as shocked as me.

"But I thought you already payed it." Said Tauhid.

"Yeah I did." I replied feebly.

"Let's just check at the hospital." Said Dad.

We all nodded and went to get fresh.

**********

We jumped into the car and drove straight to the hospital.

I rushed to the reception and asked them about the fee.

They said that they never received the money. I told them to check again and every time it showed the same results.

I grabbed the roots of my hair in frustration. And looked at my family in despair.

Nevertheless we made our way to Inayah's room and she was awake. She smiled as we entered and everyone huddled around her.

"Are you okay?" Mum asked her.

"Alhamdulillah fine." She smiled again.

The doctor came and looked at her health. Every few moments he kept nodding.

"Doctor is she okay?" I asked him.

"We can't say anything now." He replied and left the room.

My in-laws just arrived and we greeted them and told them what happened. They too were shocked and called the receptionist.

At the end we had to pay again and they took the money and said they would begin the operation in a couple of hours.

I remembered that I had left Inayah's medicine in the car and went to get it. But something stopped me.

Amina and Aaron? Together?

I strained my eyes closer and thought I was hallucinating. Rubbing my eyes I looked again and no one was there.

What the..!?

I swear they both were standing together talking!

I must be dreaming, I really need a good night's sleep.

I got the medicines and went back to Inayah's room where she was alone. I wonder where everyone else went. I walked up to her bed and sat on the chair beside her. I smiled and stroked her soft brown hair which draped loose over her shoulders. Somehow the hate for her decreased inside me and I wasn't angry at her. I thought over our relationship over and over again and I'm a fool to have accused her and making her suffer. She never knew my situation, I was being unjust. I didn't hate her but I didn't love her either.

Inayah's eyes' fluttered open and smiled when she saw me. Attempting to open her mouth to say something I quickly hovered my finger over her lips.

"Shhhhh, don't say anything. You need to get better and then we have a lot to talk about. I have to know more about you." I laughed

She managed a giggle and touched my hand. She isn't that bad after all :)

I slowly bent down and rested my head against hers but making sure I wasn't adding any pressure. I mentally and physically smiled, I peered down at her face and noticed she was smiling too.

Our moment was interrupted when our family trampeded in. I grunted at them as a joke and they all started laughing.

"Having your romantic moment there, where you?" teased Rumena.

I kissed my teeth and vigorously nodded my head saying No.

She started to chuckle and I stood up and gave her a dirty look, she is so embarassing sometimes!

__________________________________

This chapter was finally longer than most of my previous ones! !

Did you like the Inayah and Hamdan short romantic scene? I really need a shipname for them so please give me suggestions in the comments and in the next chapter I will choose and let you all know my favourite.

Comment

Vote

Share

Saima xx